Add my physical DVDs to the database?
G'day all,

Is it possible to, in one way or the other, add my physical DVD-collection to the movie database also? (next to my movies and music on my NAS I also have DVD's and CD's in the closet, and I am looking for an all inclusive overview of what I have, regardless of where it is - on my NAS or in my closet).

Thank you in advance for your answer Blush

Bye,
I'm sorry, I shouldn't have posted the question like that, since minutes after I found a partial answer:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Media_stubs

So now I need to find out a tool to scan my movies with a barcode scanner in order to create these stub-files Big Grin

Once again sorry for cluttering this board Sad
Assuming you've already got an electronic catalogue of your DVDs, just put that through a global search and replace, to create a script which can create all the files for you.
Assuming that you're willing to have the *same* stub file for each DVD (either empty, or just with the generic message "Insert the DVD"), then create this, and call it "stub". Then if you're on a Linux machine, you just need:
Code:
cp "Finding Nemo (2003).dvd.disc"
(repeat for each disk)
and on windows
Code:
copy stub "Finding Nemo (2003).dvd.disc"
(repeat for each disk)

Save the resulting multi-line file as a script, and then run it (so sh <savedfile> under linux, and <savedfile.bat> under windows).

Even if you haven't got a catalogue already, it may be faster to just create one than it is to find a scanner Smile
(2013-01-10, 17:38)wimble Wrote: Assuming you've already got an electronic catalogue of your DVDs, just put that through a global search and replace, to create a script which can create all the files for you.
Assuming that you're willing to have the *same* stub file for each DVD (either empty, or just with the generic message "Insert the DVD"), then create this, and call it "stub". Then if you're on a Linux machine, you just need:
Code:
cp "Finding Nemo (2003).dvd.disc"
(repeat for each disk)
and on windows
Code:
copy stub "Finding Nemo (2003).dvd.disc"
(repeat for each disk)

Save the resulting multi-line file as a script, and then run it (so sh <savedfile> under linux, and <savedfile.bat> under windows).

Even if you haven't got a catalogue already, it may be faster to just create one than it is to find a scanner Smile

I forgot to thank you, but this is exactly what I did (although I can't recall how I did it exactly anymore Big Grin). Thanks for your comment Blush

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Add my physical DVDs to the database?0