late 2008 MBP 1080p output lags
Hey,

I recently bought a new TV because I wanted to upgrade from a 720p 32" to a sony EX620 1080p 40".

My problem is this. I'm running XBMC on a late 2008 MBP (2.53 Core 2 Duo, 4GB DDR3 Ram, nvida 9400M GT). When I watch anything on the TV set to 1080p the video lags or skips every second or two. almost like it's dropping a frame or two. As soon as I switch the external monitor resolution to 720p this issue disappears.

I'm wondering if anyone with a similar set up has this problem. If so is there a solution to this or is my only solution an upgrade?

I should mention that I'm running 10.6.8. I'm hooked up to the tv through the display port to HDMI and optical audio out and the MBP is in "high performance". Also I have tried the same video with VLC on the TV at 1080p and the problem still exists. The problem does not exist on the MBP monitor or when I watch the same video on my blu-ray on the TV.

Thanks in advance and sorry for the block of text.
You would have to post xbmc.log and report your cpu usage it get any meaningful information. Sorry but I'm not sitting next to you and can't see what it's doing without these bits of information.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
late 2008 MBP 1080p output lags0