Automatically update library when file is added
Is there any add-on out there that can have XBMC watch my media folders and automatically update my library when a new file is added? I'm using the Mac version, but I don't think that really matters for add-ons if I understand correctly. I just recently switched over from Plex and am COMPLETELY blown away with how much XBMC can do, especially the new Eden beta.
I think there is one around in the repositories, that can make scheduled backgroung scrapping - just search for xbmc repositories / pugins on google or check the wiki for repository links.
Ah yes, I've seen this one. I was looking for more of an automatic one based on changes made to any of the folders that contain media, rather than simply a timer. Do you know if anything like that exists?
You need something that scanns all the drives in a loop. It creates a lot of unnecessary traffic. Usually you know when you add content.

So I prefer to do it manually. I use Ember Media Manager to download all stuff and create the nfo file automatically for larger changes to the database. There you can correct all scan errors imediately.
yanathin Wrote:Ah yes, I've seen this one. I was looking for more of an automatic one based on changes made to any of the folders that contain media, rather than simply a timer. Do you know if anything like that exists?

Not posible at the moment due to cross platform and remote drive issues.
Best at the moment is the timed one or do it manual.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I use EventGhost to watch directories and it's XBMC plugin to run a scan when they change.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Automatically update library when file is added0