Possible to hide certain movies?
Hi folks,
I was wondering if it is possible to hide certain movies as default setup and only make them visible by pressing a button or so.

Explanation:
I have some horror movies stored on my htpc and I want to be able to set younger kids in front of the TV and not be worried wether they watch that kind of stuff.
SO I would like to have the possibilty to either hide or unhide certain movies by choice.
Best would be to make them hidden as default and only show them when I want them to be shown.

Is this possible somehow?
Don't know about hiding, but you could use different user accounts, one for 'horror'
That sounds like a good idea. Guess this workaround should work for me.
Thanx man
If you put the stuff you don't want your kids to see in one source then you can lock that source and they wont appear in your library until you enter your code to unlock the source

Your other option is profiles have a separate one for the kids but again you need to have stuff in a different source
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
I'll try it over the weekend.
It's not for my kids (as I don't have any), but sometimes friends with kids are over at my place and they enjoy watching some cartoons/Kiddie movies so that the grown ups can talk.
And I don't want them to end up watching horrormovies, so locking the source would probably work just fine
Jep. Profiles are the way to go.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Possible to hide certain movies?0