Xbmc freezes lock-ups when starting videos
(2012-08-10, 13:39)loyter Wrote: Hi There. I'm following this thread with great interest because I also have the same problem. What i don't really understand is why this thread isn't more active? It seems like no good solution is present atm ? U understand that wsnipex has a fix in a seperate PPA. But does this work if you use the downloaded XBMCBuntu? And if the fix is present, will it really take till the new release of XBMCBuntu in the end of this year till we get the fix? (I don't really understand why XBMCBuntu isn't included in the monthly builds :S). This highly discourages the use of XBMCBuntu. I really don't want to switch to XBMCFreaks version or openelec, but these crashes are highly annoying!

Is there anyone who knows how the isolate the VDPAU fixes from wsnipex to incorporate in XBMCBuntu 11? Is some kind of hotfix something we can expect?

I think my situation (New XBMCBuntu 11 install) is a pretty default one which more of you could have (I recently changed from XBMCLive because some plugins aren't supported anymore). Could someone explain what I should do best?

Thanks in advance.

Greets, Martin

Xbmcbuntu Pre builds use my packages, which are FernetMentas source. Openelec has backported some of the new code to Eden, which makes it not comparable to standard Eden anymore.
Do not expect a fix in Eden, its really very complicated.

So you have 3 options:
1.) use what you have and live with the issues
2.) upgrade to a nightly with the vdpau code rewrite: my ppa, Xbmcbuntu pre, OpenElec (Pre)
3.) use windows

Messages In This Thread
I have the same issue - by funkt4life - 2012-01-19, 12:40
RE: Xbmc freezes lock-ups when starting videos - by wsnipex - 2012-08-10, 14:03
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbmc freezes lock-ups when starting videos3