Xbmc freezes lock-ups when starting videos
Dear Xbmc community,

Xbmc crashes often when starting videos.
I use Arch linux and xbmc-git aur package which i think is from 26 december at the moment.

The skin and everything boots up beautifully and library updates are done. I mount my shares through NFSv4 and the same server that exports the nfs shares holds a xbmc database and thumbnails.
The setup works beautifully, however when starting xbmc for the first time the video can fail to play. Sometimes the wheel (that starts to spin when you click play) just keeps spinning forever until i press something on my remote and then it freezes.

I have uploaded the latest freeze where the pinwheel freezes and noething happens here:
http://pastebin.com/xRMS2ukt

A second variant of the freeze is the most weird, where the video is started (i hear sound). But i haven't left the menu. When i press clear on my remote (which is the back to video key i guess) xbmc freezes and nothing happens.

I took a look at the end of the log i just posted and i see only that job control threads are dieing but no errors whatsoever.

My hardware consists of a trusty ASrock 330 Ion which uses vdpau.
Nivida drivers are the very latest (29* something) updated a week or 2 ago from the arch linux AUR's.

So anyone have any ideas?

Messages In This Thread
Xbmc freezes lock-ups when starting videos - by shadylog - 2012-01-14, 02:17
I have the same issue - by funkt4life - 2012-01-19, 12:40
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbmc freezes lock-ups when starting videos3