• 56(current)
Release CetonTV+HDHomeRun - Watch TV on XBMC (WIN/OSX)
Ok, I have played with it a bit more and it works pretty well with XBMC. I have tried it also with my TV, which it didn't work and also with Cyberlink PowerDVD (DLNA/UPNP Player).
I was able to get a hdhomerun prime stream to work in media portal! Smile
(2013-01-20, 15:21)mcheng89 Wrote: I was able to get a hdhomerun prime stream to work in media portal! Smile

Great! And what about the Ceton?
(2013-01-20, 18:44)LehighBri Wrote:
(2013-01-20, 15:21)mcheng89 Wrote: I was able to get a hdhomerun prime stream to work in media portal! Smile

Great! And what about the Ceton?

i have some ideas. gonna do a bit more work on the hdhomerun first though

Testing out mediaportals web player now!

Some notes on the web interface:
  • I guess even mediaportal still has the audio buzzing issue on commercials... (it is using vlc also, so I guess thats why)
  • A transcoded stream seems to take a long time to start ( 5-10 seconds )
  • Theres no channel numbers on the web interface. All we get are the channel names.

Care to share how? I have tried numerious times and it fails. I am following the directions in the forum you posted awhile back. I am trying it on a virtual machine and it fails.
mcheng89, glad to see you’re back. I use remoteCeton with both a Ceton card and a HDHRPrime. It’s been stable and solid for months. The new DLNA drivers give you a simple path to share the stream if you use it inside home your home, BUT… remoteCeton gives you way more flexibility to handle and manipulate that stream. True, it needs a PC running all the time, but any cheap low level computer can act as a stream server. remoteCeton will do transcoding for remote TV viewing, or it will also serve the stream to a DLNA server like Serviio on the same computer so you can stream directly to any DLNA device or TV, local or remote.

The beauty of remoteCeton is how ahead of its time it is. The new HDHR drivers give you basically the same functionality remoteCeton gave us a year ago. And the next HDHR, due out in a few months, is also designed to do what remoteCeton already does: transcoding.

What is your “to do list” mcheng89? Again, great to see you back.
(2013-01-21, 03:32)jfoley Wrote:

Care to share how? I have tried numerious times and it fails. I am following the directions in the forum you posted awhile back. I am trying it on a virtual machine and it fails.

I can throw a script together for you to do it. I'm probably not going to use it myself though.
(2013-01-21, 16:27)mcheng89 Wrote:
(2013-01-21, 03:32)jfoley Wrote:

I can throw a script together for you to do it. I'm probably not going to use it myself though.

Ok, so are you going to go back to work on this project? I love this one, just need help getting it to work with the HDHR Prime. I have it working just fine with my Ceton.
updated status in last post!
Awesome! I look forward to it.
(2013-01-21, 17:03)mcheng89 Wrote: Also the reason is because (i think) VLC 2.1 webplugin will support overlaying elements on top of the player. So I can put the guide on top of the video like WMC does. Opens up a lot more possibilities with the interface

That sounds AMAZING!!!!....
Your to-do list sounds great. I wonder if switching to ffmpeg might give us adaptive streaming?

And I'm pretty sure the next HDHRPrime won't allow streaming out of the LAN either, so remoteCeton will always be more flexible. (+1 for name change)

Ready for testing...
I'm curious if anyone would be interested in helping if I rewrote the program using apache/php... Let me know!
I'm guessing its a language that more people know over something like c++

Additional items for my todo list:
"Tuner pooling" for devices - autoselect next available tuner if the tuner is in use
Remove hdhomerun vlc plugins + some config options - I'm cleaning this up; it's not needed anymore!

(2013-01-21, 21:56)uspino Wrote: Your to-do list sounds great. I wonder if switching to ffmpeg might give us adaptive streaming?

And I'm pretty sure the next HDHRPrime won't allow streaming out of the LAN either, so remoteCeton will always be more flexible. (+1 for name change)

Ready for testing...

I can probably get adaptive streaming with vlc too. I'll look into it!
(2013-01-22, 16:16)mcheng89 Wrote: I'm curious if anyone would be interested in helping if I rewrote the program using apache/php... Let me know!

Additional item for my todo list:
"Tuner pooling" for devices - autoselect next available tuner if the tuner is in use

I'm a coder(mostly delphi, but did quite a bit of C#)...I did c++ in school, but can't say I remember any of it though....having said that, I still might be able to help....
(2013-01-22, 16:16)mcheng89 Wrote: I'm curious if anyone would be interested in helping if I rewrote the program using apache/php... Let me know!

Additional items for my todo list:
Remove hdhomerun vlc plugins + some config options - I'm cleaning this up; it's not needed anymore!

(2013-01-21, 21:56)uspino Wrote: Your to-do list sounds great. I wonder if switching to ffmpeg might give us adaptive streaming?

Ready for testing...

I can probably get adaptive streaming with vlc too. I'll look into it!

I can help with functional testing Smile I am not much of a programmer, but am a Network engineer (CCNA, CCNP).

Also, I currently have a Ceton InifiniTV 4 and HDHR Prime.

• 56(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CetonTV+HDHomeRun - Watch TV on XBMC (WIN/OSX)10