• 45(current)
Release CetonTV+HDHomeRun - Watch TV on XBMC (WIN/OSX)
(2012-05-30, 19:37)Riztnack Wrote: I have cox cable in wichita, ks but I am unable to tune to my premium channels 2401 and above. Anyone else have these issues?

http://www.missingremote.com/forums/cabl...aster-list

Looks like cox has channels that are copy once/protected

Hello everyone,

I have tried repeatedly to get his working but to no avail. I continue to get a 'Could not find command" error. I have triple checked all the settings in the settings config file and still nothing. I installed VLC 2.0.2 and moved all the plugins into their respective folders. I also have tried various network settings for the Ceton tuners. I have bridged the connections , deleted the network bridge, and assigned and unassigned tuners. I am currently testing all of this out on the host computer and I have no stream at all. Could someone please post their current setup including WMC Ceton settings and network settings. I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks for any help received in advance.
Hello everyone, especially mcheng89. So I finally received the Raspberry Pi. I got anxious and bought one off ebay for $90. I was able to get this to work on my Windows 7 machine without a problem. My question is, how can I get this to work on xbmc running linux (Raspmc)? I am willing to test this out to the max... That way you can add Raspberry Pi tot he list of working devices.

Have a good one.
So I have made progress. After trail and error I was able to get the raspberry pi, installed with Raspbmc, to communicate with the remoteCeton server. It connects but I do not see a picture on the pi. The logs show that the channel is changing when I tell it to as well as it shows me the counter on the bottom left that the stream is still going. Only problem is, the only thing I see is the Programs>Addons screen. Any ideas why?
(2012-06-17, 03:50)Acostanavy Wrote: Hello everyone, especially mcheng89. So I finally received the Raspberry Pi. I got anxious and bought one off ebay for $90. I was able to get this to work on my Windows 7 machine without a problem. My question is, how can I get this to work on xbmc running linux (Raspmc)? I am willing to test this out to the max... That way you can add Raspberry Pi tot he list of working devices.

Have a good one.

Are you still following this thread? Let me know how far you got Wink
I'm still waiting for an order code to order one...

EDIT: I'm guessing this is you? http://forum.stmlabs.com/archive/index.p...d-674.html
Yes that is me.... I am trying to promote your hard work. I have gotten as far as the thread said, transcoding but way out of sync. I tried to post there to see if maybe it was related to their software but they don't seem interested. I was going to try VLC forum but I am not sure if that will help. I am using VLC 2.0.0 BTW.
(2012-06-25, 20:46)Acostanavy Wrote: Yes that is me.... I am trying to promote your hard work. I have gotten as far as the thread said, transcoding but way out of sync. I tried to post there to see if maybe it was related to their software but they don't seem interested. I was going to try VLC forum but I am not sure if that will help. I am using VLC 2.0.0 BTW.

Have you tried a lower resolution to see if it helps with the sync?
hey mcheng.. probably a stupid question.. when using the xbmc app.. when using the direct stream.. why is it buffering all the time? everything is connected via gigabit, i thought it would be exactly like WMC.

still working perfectly a couple of months later Big Grin
(2012-06-26, 03:17)gman3042 Wrote: hey mcheng.. probably a stupid question.. when using the xbmc app.. when using the direct stream.. why is it buffering all the time? everything is connected via gigabit, i thought it would be exactly like WMC.

i'm not sure. you're the one thats using hdhomerun, right?
(2012-06-26, 02:36)mcheng89 Wrote:
(2012-06-25, 20:46)Acostanavy Wrote: Yes that is me.... I am trying to promote your hard work. I have gotten as far as the thread said, transcoding but way out of sync. I tried to post there to see if maybe it was related to their software but they don't seem interested. I was going to try VLC forum but I am not sure if that will help. I am using VLC 2.0.0 BTW.

Have you tried a lower resolution to see if it helps with the sync?

Yes, I believe I tried the high setting for 720p and although it helps a little it is still out of sync and noticeable. What I have noticed as well is that the longer you leave it running, the worse it gets out of sync. Every 10 minutes or so you will begin to notice this.

I would also like to add that I have tried 2 different ways of LAN connections: Moca and Direct connection tot he router @ 100Mb(highest for Raspberry pi).
(2012-06-26, 03:30)Acostanavy Wrote: Yes, I believe I tried the high setting for 720p and although it helps a little it is still out of sync and noticeable. What I have noticed as well is that the longer you leave it running, the worse it gets out of sync. Every 10 minutes or so you will begin to notice this.

I would also like to add that I have tried 2 different ways of LAN connections: Moca and Direct connection tot he router @ 100Mb(highest for Raspberry pi).

I think I'm gonna try to get one on eBay to test it out.

I'm guessing you have no issues streaming to another computer (xbmc/web browser)?
I have not really tried anything but direct streaming while connected to the wifi at home from the laptop bit i cam tell you that work flawlessly. My main goal is the raspberry pi to stream cable without any issues.

If you browse eBay and watch a lot of the pi's you can snag a deal. If you want i can sell u mine for retail cost ($35) just so u can begin testing these. I know there is potential in them. You can PM me if interested and would dedicate time to pi development.
(2012-06-26, 03:29)mcheng89 Wrote:
(2012-06-26, 03:17)gman3042 Wrote: hey mcheng.. probably a stupid question.. when using the xbmc app.. when using the direct stream.. why is it buffering all the time? everything is connected via gigabit, i thought it would be exactly like WMC.

i'm not sure. you're the one thats using hdhomerun, right?

yup. its odd, just totally starts buffering.
(2012-06-26, 03:54)Acostanavy Wrote: I have not really tried anything but direct streaming while connected to the wifi at home from the laptop bit i cam tell you that work flawlessly. My main goal is the raspberry pi to stream cable without any issues.

If you browse eBay and watch a lot of the pi's you can snag a deal. If you want i can sell u mine for retail cost ($35) just so u can begin testing these. I know there is potential in them. You can PM me if interested and would dedicate time to pi development.

I was able to get my own Raspberry pi for a decent price. Smile

Just waiting on delivery now!

EDIT: plex and cetontv clients would be awesome on raspberry pi!
I think I'm gonna try to get both of them working

@gman3042: I'll relook into the hdhomerun code later. I dont have any issues with my ceton.
got my raspberry pi... dont know if i'll start playing with it until the weekend though
  • 45(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CetonTV+HDHomeRun - Watch TV on XBMC (WIN/OSX)10