80W: PicoPSU-80 + 84W Brick + Power Cord + Molex to P4 adapter = $46
120W: PicoPSU-120 + 120W Brick + Molex to P4 adapter = $64

CANADA
80W: PicoPSU-80 + 84W Brick + Power Cord + Molex to P4 adapter = $48
120W: PicoPSU-160-XT + 120W Brick + P4 extension + 2.1mm to 2.5mm adapter = $77

UK
120W: PicoPSU-120 + 120W Brick + Molex to P4 adapter = £55

also visit short-circuit.com for other PicoPSU Power Kits Smile
I'm seriously considering this instead of the Seasonic SS-400ET 400W for the ASRock A75M FM1 AMD A75 MOBO. My only question is in regard to a SSD and Blu-ray. It appears you're using the Molex-to-P4 adapter to complete the 24-pin ATX connection as the main connector is only 20-pin, right? There is a single SATA power connector, which would be used for the SSD. What about the Blu-ray drive? Sorry if it's an obvious question.
Molex-to-P4 adapter = CPU 4-pin connector --> http://goo.gl/2uaCl

u can get a bunch of MOLEX adapters, example:
Molex To 3-Molex Power Connector Cables ($3,25)
Molex To 2-Molex Power Connector Cables ($1,50)
Molex To 4-SATA Power Connector cables ($8)
I'm looking at picoPSUs and am wondering about why the PSU itself is rated for one wattage and the power-brick another wattage? Which do we use when evaluating the best for our components? For example, the following product is listed as "picoPSU-160-XT + 192W Adapter Power Kit". Is this to be considered a 160W PSU, but the brick can deliver more if necessary?

http://www.mini-box.com/picoPSU-192-XT-1...-Power-Kit
your PSU kit will be limited to the weakest link.

so your correct, a picoPSU-160-XT + 192W Adapter Power Kit
is considered a 160W PSU overall
Thanks!
Sorry, had another question about picoPSUs: where does the 4-pin plug get mounted on the HTPC case? Do you just pass it out the back of the case or is there a way to mount it? i.e. this one here:

Thanks for this... looking to utilize one of these in my next build.
drill a hole Ferrino Tongue
Ferrino Wrote:Sorry, had another question about picoPSUs: where does the 4-pin plug get mounted on the HTPC case? Do you just pass it out the back of the case or is there a way to mount it? i.e. this one here:

Cases that are designed for pico power typically have the cutout already in the case for it.

If you don't want to cut your case, you can also find slot covers that will mount the power connector.
What about the large hole for the standard PSU that's left over? Can it just be left, or should it be blanked off?
u can use an old non-working PSU, dismantle it
and cut on its backplate to cover the big hole,
but u still need to drill a hole in it.
Thanks for this - I was in Fry's today and saw they had a "150W picoPSU" which came with the power-brick included. There was no mention at all on the box of the wattage of the power-brick and when I took a peek inside it was actually rated for 80W (http://www.frys.com/product/5974914)!

Why is it advertised as a 150W PSU when the brick will only supply 80W?

eskro Wrote:your PSU kit will be limited to the weakest link.

so your correct, a picoPSU-160-XT + 192W Adapter Power Kit
is considered a 160W PSU overall
well. a PSU is a PSU...
and a power Brick is a power Brick...
eskro Wrote:well. a PSU is a PSU...
and a power Brick is a power Brick...

If you are trying to say they are the same... They definitely are not, there can be huge differences.
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PicoPSU Power Kits0