PicoPSU Power Kits
(2012-05-11, 17:33)Beer40oz Wrote: KraziJoe that 150 on you link is no good.... the cord will hang..... (unless you modify your case)
I am trying to find the right one the the ISK 300

That needs no modifications

Dougie Fresh please help..... you seem to know more on the PICO's

He's looking at making a half height PCI Cover with a cut out for the 150 Brick adapter. YES PLEASE!
it wont hang if Dougie is able to make a half height pci slot cover for that din adapter
It looks like he's not expecting to restock the mounting plates you posted Dougie.
I found a similar plate here: http://www.kustompcs.co.uk/acatalog/info_1618.html

Think I'll just make one. Seems far easier to drill a few holes in some spare metal.
(2012-05-11, 17:33)Beer40oz Wrote: KraziJoe that 150 on you link is no good.... the cord will hang..... (unless you modify your case)
Drill a hole in one of this "StarTech PLATEBLANKLP Low Profile PCI Slot Cover" and mount the adapter kit on it. It should be very clean.....

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
I have a template to drill the holes for the 150-XT (4-pin mini-DIN "mini-fit JR" jack) and I am going to drill it into the slot cover you mention. I just have to wait for Amazon to deliver them. I have a bunch of full height slot covers and I am going to experiment on one of those first since the width is the same. I have done the single hole on a full height cover.

As far as other plates go for ATX and SFX I have plenty -- for both the single hole barrel jack and three-hole 4-pin mini-DIN.

If you want to go up to 120W and still have the single hole, get the picoPSU 120-WI-25 and a 18.5V/6.5A AC adapter.

BTW, that plate from Kustom PCs will only work with the Lian-Li PC-Q07/Q08. My plates work with any case that takes ATX or SFX (and soon any case that has an open slot).
If you have a drill press, it make life a lot easier and you can drill and cut any type of holes (round, square, etc).......we have a big drill press at work, and I asked them to make holes on the slot cover for me several times. It is very clean and it looks as good as the original hole.....
I have all kinds of stuff -- CAD templates for the picoPSU jacks, jigs for ATX and SFX plates, tap & die for making threaded holes, titanium drill bits, etc. Smile
(2012-05-11, 21:56)Dougie Fresh Wrote: I have all kinds of stuff -- CAD templates for the picoPSU jacks, jigs for ATX and SFX plates, tap & die for making threaded holes, titanium drill bits, etc. Smile
I'm talking about one of this "JET JVM-836-3 MILL with DP700-DRO and Powerfeed", but what you have should be fine......

(2012-05-11, 16:21)Dougie Fresh Wrote: I won't say I told you so when the wiring harness melts because your AC adapter is 2A over spec. Smile

You where talking about this?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/picoPSU-150-XT-D...290wt_1399
(2012-05-11, 21:56)Dougie Fresh Wrote: I have all kinds of stuff -- CAD templates for the picoPSU jacks, jigs for ATX and SFX plates, tap & die for making threaded holes, titanium drill bits, etc. Smile

Laser laser.... I had one once.... for plastics and what not!!! man it was the best thing!
So, Beer and I have come up with this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/picoPSU-90-12V-7...0834084341

It even comes with the P4-ATX adapter already built-in.

What say you?

(2012-05-11, 22:34)bluray Wrote:
I'm talking about one of this "JET JVM-836-3 MILL with DP700-DRO and Powerfeed", but what you have should be fine......

That looks nice. If I sell 100000000000 plates it should pay for itself Smile
(2012-05-11, 23:15)Dougie Fresh Wrote: So, Beer and I have come up with this:

What say you?

Done deal! if you say 90W its all I need.... then lets do it!

Thank you for all your help! Big Grin

Now I don't know much about PICO's why are they so small and so good?
(2012-05-11, 23:22)Beer40oz Wrote:
(2012-05-11, 23:15)Dougie Fresh Wrote: So, Beer and I have come up with this:

What say you?

Done deal! if you say 90W its all I need.... then lets do it!

Thank you for all your help! Big Grin

Now I don't know much about PICO's why are they so small and so good?

For this component list, yes (from the A6-PACK thread).

Case: Antec ISK 300-65
APU: AMD A6-3500
Mobo: ASRock A75M-ITX
Memory: Kingston HyperX 4GB 1866
SSD: Patriot Torqx 2 32GB
CPU Cooler: Scythe BIG Shuriken Rev. 2B
MediaGate GP-IR02BK Remote Best remote ever! Don't forget to install this for the remote.
Unisen's iPazzPort Mini RF 2.4GH Keyboard (KP-810-10-A) Turns on you pc from cold... enable in bios. Smile
Win 7/64 Ultimate
Aeon MQ3 / Eden 11

They can be small because all they do is take 12V and convert it to the 12V, 5V, 3.3V, etc. your PC needs (hence DC-DC power supply). The AC-DC conversion is done by the power brick. This process is where the heat is generated and that's now taken outside the PC case. This is much like a laptop. The load of a small PC better matches the load of the AC adapter so it operates in a efficient range unlike say a 400W ATX power supply where at 40W you're running at 10% load where it's not efficient. With the AC adapter you're more like 50% of load.
Dougie Fresh thanx

If this works then it will be the official PICO for the A6-PACK.....
Good luck. Maybe the 350W test will show something before you have to spend another $55. Bad VRMs on the motherboard perhaps.
i say pico di gallo FTW!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PicoPSU Power Kits0