• 10(current)
can XBMC playback 3D Movies?
I name the files like that:

Try that
I am considering purchasing an Android 4.2 TV box, which apparently uses XBMC to run things.

So I wonder how would it handle mkv 3D files, particularly 3D subtitle files.

1) Would it play the MKV 3D files?

2) Would it play and show the 3D subtitles?

3) What 3D subtitle file form would they need to be: sup or sub?

4) Would they have to be outside or merge/muxed inside the mkv video file?
1) yes XBMC will play SBS or OU 3D movies, but not MVC
2) no
3) irrelevant given (2)
4) see (3)
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Not willing to start a discussion, it seems there might be a way:

http://www.hifivision.com/home-theater-p...ovies.html

Apparently XBMC is used to play 3D files with 3D subs.
^ That example is with SBS movies, which as said above can be played on XBMC.
(2013-05-13, 21:37)nickr Wrote: 1) yes XBMC will play SBS or OU 3D movies, but not MVC
2) no
3) irrelevant given (2)
4) see (3)

Not quite right on 2, 3 and 4.
You can in fact do it, but you have to build .ass subtitles from some other format, and then merge them into the mkv. You can follow this method, it just takes a little while.

This is how I got 3d subtitles working for the Navi scenes in avatar.
My XBMC (ubuntu) can play .ASS 3D subtitle.
I dont know about the android version.....

You can create a .ASS from a .SRT using a tool named: SRT23DASS.EXE (google for it)

Its quite simple and fast , but still a pain in the .ASS
(2013-05-13, 22:45)ozp1 Wrote: My XBMC (ubuntu) can play .ASS 3D subtitle.
I dont know about the android version.....

You can create a .ASS from a .SRT using a tool named: SRT23DASS.EXE (google for it)

Its quite simple and fast , but still a pain in the .ASS
Good point. I went through doing this from some tutorial that used a different tool. There was a slight registration problem, the subs were still slightly separated and I gave up at that point. Probably needed some minor tweak.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2013-05-13, 22:08)whitebelly Wrote: ^ That example is with SBS movies, which as said above can be played on XBMC.

Yes, but I was warned that 3D subs wouldn't work, even with them.

As a matter of fact, all 3D movies I have found until now, except for one, were SBS.
srt subtitles will not work. srt subtitles are rendered once by XBMC, in the lower middle of your screen. They will not work with a SBS movie.

ass subtitles are more flexible, and can be made to render twice, once on the left hand side, once on the right. They will therefore work, if you have prepared them as 3D.

And sorry if my earlier post wasn't detailed enough - my blamk "no" to the subtitles question was because I didn't think past srt...
Yes, I'm aware srt subs will not work with 3D movies.

Apparently XBMC will work with ass subs if they are together with video file, and with sup files if they are merged into the video file.

That's a start.

What about 5.1 AC3 or dts audio?
XBMC works with DTS and AC3 5.1 audio, as you would be able to see if you liiked in the wiki.

XBMC will work with internal or external subtitles.
(2012-02-24, 05:11)bluray Wrote:
{{INX}} Wrote:Sorry my last post was incorrect, I meant I need to work out how to get the playercorefactory.xml to tell Xbmc to lanuch only 3d and HD audio/video files in TMT5.
I made it easy for you. Download- playercorefactory.xml and name your movie in these formats (_3d.mkv and _hdaudio.mkv). With these codes, the rest of BD files will playback using XBMC! Smile

can you upload the config file again, the upload expired.

thanks.
Hi guys I was wondering if I can view 3D movies using my 3d 720p projector. How would I do that? when playing a 3d movie on XBMC i just see the side by side window how do I turn 3d on?
Can you turn it on with your projector remote?
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
can XBMC playback 3D Movies?1