Multiple XBMC on 1 router
Hi guys. I have a simple problem that i need help with.
Can i stream video from the internet with xbmc on 2 seperate devices running xbmc at the same time, on the same routerHuh
If so, how do i do it? Everytime i try to do this, both devices fail and won't play any video at all until i completely turn off one device!?!?!

Please help
That makes no sense. It should work just fine.
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
I'm guessing this is from a website that won't allow two downloads at once, so... there's your answer.
Or he has the DLNA/uPNP stuff turned on in both XBMC devices. If the router and the XBMC are all setup for DLNA/uPNP, the there might be master device conflicts.

Some routers don't play nice with other uPNP devices. Like friends DLink di-524 and the Seagate GoFlex NAS. With uPNP enabled in the router and the NAS, the NAS drops and doesn't get seen.

If it's not enabled in XBMC, then it may very well be a website restriction.
Ned Scott Wrote:I'm guessing this is from a website that won't allow two downloads at once, so... there's your answer.

That's it! i can't have 2 devices downloading video from the same site at the same time! I tested by streaming with my Pc and trying my Apple TV, and only the first worked. then i killed the Pc and the Apple TV worked!!

Now i gotta figure how to get two IP addresses to my house. Looks like i need a second modem!!

Thanks
Hehe only a second modem wont do it.
You cant connect more than one modem to the one line.

Best way should be to connect one of your system via proxy.
Predtech Wrote:Now i gotta figure how to get two IP addresses to my house. Looks like i need a second modem!!

Thanks

Well a second modem would mean paying for 2 separate broadband lines and most likely double your cost, not a good solution. You could see if your ISP offers multiple IP addresses (for example, my service allows me up to 5).
At which point it'd just be cheaper to pay for a premium account.
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
2 words. Proxy Server.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Multiple XBMC on 1 router0