Allowing Internet Streams as channels in Live TV
BTW, so far recording does not work for Internet streams via Demo add-on. Is it possible to add fully functional recording?
no
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.
I've tested the PVR-Demo addon yesterday with my Iptv streams (http), just amazing Smile Kudos on this! It's time to donate Wink

I can see some ideas to this addon (or perhaps a new addon). That would be mainly focused on Internet streams. Even tho it allready is working with internet streams, it would be great if we could somehow also get EPG for them.

- Perhaps a separate .xml file that contains XMLTV EPG for channels (referanced by name)? Available from an external soucre (e.g. Dropbox\webserver).
- Or maybe we could create a "XBMC-LiveTV-PVRDemo-EPG-Grabber" Smile That would grab EPG from a certian source, and parse it to the epg format in the pvr.demo xml file?
HTPC Server - Windows 8.1 + XBMC Helix | Intel QuadCore, 4GB RAM, 4 TB SATA
Intel NUC D54250WYK - Windows 8.1 + XBMC Helix | Logitech Harmony 750
Samsung UE8005 | Bluetooth keyboard & mousepad
i've been working separating epg and pvr completely, so writing epg grabber add-ons will be possible in the future, but not in frodo.

i wrote this demo add-on as a quick hack originally for a proof of concept, and added a couple of features to it so it can be used by skinners now. adding features to the add-on is fine (if you provide the patches), but keep in mind that this specific add-on is primarily for skinners without dvb hardware, and must provide content without configuring anything after installing.
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

(2012-12-07, 03:53)dushmaniac Wrote: i wrote this demo add-on as a quick hack originally for a proof of concept, and added a couple of features to it so it can be used by skinners now
as a demo plugin only can play http streams with h264 video (correct if I'm wrong, there is no backend which can play http stream with h264 video), he became regarded by many as a very necessary plugin for Internet IPTV playback through LiveTV menu.

Ubuntu 22.04, Linux desktop 5.15.0-57-generic #63-Ubuntu SMP Thu Nov 24 13:43:17 UTC 2022 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
Kodi (20.1 (20.1.0) Git:20230312-289ec664e3). Platform: Linux x86 64-bit
Sony Android TV, Kodi 20.1
I have not tried myself but I think vdr with iptv plugin can handle h264 as well.
(2012-12-07, 17:45)FernetMenta Wrote: I have not tried myself but I think vdr with iptv plugin can handle h264 as well.
"Currently the IPTV plugin has direct support for both multicast UDP/RTP and unicast HTTP MPEG1/2 transport streams."
http://www.saunalahti.fi/rahrenbe/vdr/iptv/
Ubuntu 22.04, Linux desktop 5.15.0-57-generic #63-Ubuntu SMP Thu Nov 24 13:43:17 UTC 2022 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
Check out this post: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=146100
The log tells me that a h264 stream was opened. You might want to contact the OP of this thread.
(2012-12-07, 21:34)FernetMenta Wrote: Check out this post: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=146100
The log tells me that a h264 stream was opened. You might want to contact the OP of this thread.
Sorry but the stream was multicast UDP (not HTTP with h264 video stream):
Code:
POP TV;IPTV:4:S=1|P=1|F=UDP|U=232.4.1.3|A=5002:I:0:257=27:258=slv@4:770:0:1:0:0:0
For multicast UDP I use TVheadend.
What is the primary function of the <channelgroups> tag in the xml file? Can we sort channels in groups for easier navigation?
(2012-12-11, 16:59)Maniac Wrote: What is the primary function of the <channelgroups> tag in the xml file? Can we sort channels in groups for easier navigation?

Yes, in fact you can. Though Group Manager in Channel Manager does the same.
Yeah I tried that, I presume that <member>5</member> is the channel number?
I created this for more than 100 channels, they are all grouped corretly in the xml file, but in XMBC channel groups are messed up, some channels are not in the correct group.

I also noticed in the channel manager > Channel Options: EPG Source: Client

Could we in future be able to choose our own source for EPG? This would be awsome Smile
(2012-12-19, 16:00)Maniac Wrote: Could we in future be able to choose our own source for EPG? This would be awsome Smile

Yes, if you write a software for that.Smile Currently pvr.demo supports only static data from its XML for demonstration purposes (this is pvr.demo, after all) - for skinners, translators etc. who would want to see a Live TV interface without having real TV equipment (DVB-cards and such). The same for incorrect grouping.
I guess, the people who wrote this addon did not think it would be used for real.Smile
indeed, i wrote that add-on for demo purposes only, because it was intended to be used as demo environment when no network connection or dv adapter was present, and i've added it to xbmc's repos later (with a couple of changes) so it can be used by skinners without hardware too, without the need to configure anything.

if you need more than this which needs to be configured before it can be used (like integrating an external epg source), then i suggest you copy the add-on, give it another name, and implement the stuff that's needed to get this working. the demo add-on should always work without any configuration and should always present data without any configuration.
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

Smile Yeah, I know that it's a demo, just wanted to clarify if the EPG source was something from the PVR core in xbmc, not regarding the pvr.demo itself.

But could some of you reply to my main question, regarding channelgroups and members not beeing grouped correctly in XBMC? Is this also a pvr.demo issue or is it on another level?

PS! If I were to "copy" the pvr.demo addon, and implement "some stuff". Is there a tutorial for coding PVR addons in XBMC. Never done it before, but I do know programming (C# & .net).

Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Allowing Internet Streams as channels in Live TV1