Just want to make sure I have this all ready to move my movies to my server..
So I've had all my movies, tv shows, etc on my HTPC, but now that my server is running well enough to stream (I've tested with some blurays, works great!), I'm moving all my stuff over to the server. So far I made sure everything was htpc side. Then I exported all of my movies individually. Then I transferred EVERYTHING to my server! Now, what should be my next step? Should I just delete my library on XBMC and rescan from the server? Will that work? Or am I missing a step? I want to make sure all of my individual movie settings (covers, movies watched, etc) are kept the way they are. Thanks for any help in advance!
When you exported did you enable the option to store .nfo files with the movie folders (not sure the exact phrasing on the option).

If so, you should have .nfo files and all of the appropriate thumbs, fanart etc located in the folders. Copy all files to your server, delete your database on your htpc and import your new locations. All of your art, info's etc will remain in tact. Not sure on your watched status though. Afraid you may loose this.

*edit*
by import, I mean add sources to xbmc.
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
| Freenas Server with 18TB ASRock Intel Avoton C2750 |
You have three options:

1. Export the library to a single file, then manually edit the .xml file to correct all the file locations (this is probably just a few search and replaces so it's quicker than you think), then change the sources, then import again.

2. Export to multiple files, then change the sources, then rescan the library. This will read all the .nfo files so it's quick.

3. Just rescan from scratch.

Option 2 will leave lots of extra files on your server. This mildly annoys me, but you may not find it a problem. Option 3 is slow, and you'll need to deal with all the films that don't scrape or scrape wrongly. Personnally I'd do option 1.

JR
htpc guy Wrote:When you exported did you enable the option to store .nfo files with the movie folders (not sure the exact phrasing on the option).

If so, you should have .nfo files and all of the appropriate thumbs, fanart etc located in the folders. Copy all files to your server, delete your database on your htpc and import your new locations. All of your art, info's etc will remain in tact. Not sure on your watched status though. Afraid you may loose this.

*edit*
by import, I mean add sources to xbmc.

Yup! I have art, an info file, and some other stuff I think. I am not overly concerned about watched status I guess. I just figured that would be stored in the .nfo files (where else would it be?).

jhsrennie Wrote:You have three options:

1. Export the library to a single file, then manually edit the .xml file to correct all the file locations (this is probably just a few search and replaces so it's quicker than you think), then change the sources, then import again.

2. Export to multiple files, then change the sources, then rescan the library. This will read all the .nfo files so it's quick.

3. Just rescan from scratch.

Option 2 will leave lots of extra files on your server. This mildly annoys me, but you may not find it a problem. Option 3 is slow, and you'll need to deal with all the films that don't scrape or scrape wrongly. Personnally I'd do option 1.

JR

For option one, you say to export as one file, then edit the source file. Once that is done, I would then just delete my library and then import the .xml file?
raiderxx Wrote:For option one, you say to export as one file, then edit the source file. Once that is done, I would then just delete my library and then import the .xml file?

Yes.

Backup the old library first, just in case.

JR
4th option would be Eden + path subs, but might as well take this chance to do it "cleanly".
i'm in the middle of moving all my local hard drives from my htpc to my media server,
but i'm running in to a little problem.
beeing that local files are stored as d:\media\tv\serie\season\episode.mkv
and when i want to use my media server i need to use network paths.
smb://192.168.2.200/TV/serie/Season/episode.mkv

1 thing i don't want to loose are the watched flags for my TV series,
LibreElec Kodi | Aeon MQ ?
This will work even if you are not using MySQL (wiki) library sharing: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...file_paths
THnx,

I tried this option,
and it kinda worked.
some movies and series showed up double and some not.

also i have a profile user (for the seperate kids movies) and it doesn't work there.
need to check in to that path to make sure i didn't make a mistake.

seems the only option will be to write down what the last eps was that we've seen and then start from scratch,
perhaps do a complete re-install of the HTPC.
(getting some errors now when i try to do a fresh clean install of XBMC, even when i try to make a new profile i only get a black screen and nothing happens)
LibreElec Kodi | Aeon MQ ?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Just want to make sure I have this all ready to move my movies to my server..0