No files showing up via UPnP on Samsung UA40D5000
So, I installed XBMC, added some folders, and enabled UPnP, as well as remote control of XBMC.

However, when I go into "videos" in the shared libraries, I get the folders "Music Library" and "Video Library".
Within these are folders "Actors", "Genres", "Studios", "Titles", and "Year"
If I navigate into any of those, there are some names of actors and names of series, but upon navigating into a series' folder, I am presented with nothing.
Just a "return to upper folder" link.

The files I have in the library are: MP4/MPGA encoded AVI files, and h264/AC3 MKV files (in both 720p and 1080p).

Could anyone suggest a reason that these are not showing up?
They are playing fine and showing up on windows, but not on the TV.

Sharing works via windows' native media player, but that does not support mkv files. Playing from a USB drive for MKV files works too, but the internal subs to not play :/

Any thoughts you could offer would be greatly appreciated, as this TV seems to be complete rubbish WRT file support.
woegjiub Wrote:Any thoughts you could offer would be greatly appreciated, as this TV seems to be complete rubbish WRT file support.

For what it's worth, I've been having trouble with MKV files on my Samsung UN55D6500 in XBMC, too. I've tried a few other media servers and one that plays them perfectly is Twonky; it has a lot of device-specific profiles that does something to make it work. I am going to investigate that 'something' and see if there's a way I can apply it to XBMC because I like the way XBMC manages the libraries and has the info scrapers.

I will keep you posted....
So, nobody else has had the problem of no files showing up?
You're not the only one. I've experienced the same with my Samsung Bluray. FWIW, you can download Samsung's AllShare software, works pretty well. I just thought XBMC would work better, but for the life of me, I can't figure out how to get any of the library contents to show up.
Yeah, I tried that.
Trouble is, it is bloated and slow, and it adds an accompanying file for every single one on my computer, in the same folder as the original. I am not keen on that kind of rubbish. One would think Samsung would be capable of simply making a database.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No files showing up via UPnP on Samsung UA40D50000