Video stuttering in Eden Win7 Build
HI all. I am getting some pretty annoying stuttering on playback of all movies (SD all the way up to 1080p). Its only the video that stutters and not the audio. The video keeps synch with the audio. It’s as if it plays back at like 10 fps or something. If I play movies with MPC-HC everything plays perfect. Now to clarify these are all ripped mkv, mp4 and avi files stored on a server with a wired gigabit connection to the XBMC box.

XBMC box is run off Win7 Home Premium.

I have 8GM Ram, Radeon 6870 vid card, AMD Phenom II X4 830, ASRock 880GM-LE mobo.

I get 7.8 in vid card performance and gaming graphics in windows experience.

I have the latest ATI Catalyst Drivers.

I am just realllllllly frustrated. Also I should note that I used to have perfect playback and then something changed. No idea what.

I am running Eden Beta.

If it matters I am display all this on a LG 47LV4400 120Hx LED panel.

Any ideas on what I could try?

One question, do I need to install the AMD Vision Engine Control Center? If I just install the display drivers and HDMI Audio drivers, I don’t even see an option anywhere to tweak the driver settings or anything. Is this something I need to be able to do?

What about Realtek audio drivers. Do I use these in place of the ATI HDMI Audio drivers?

So confused on this whole driver thing….

Thanks all.
Did you try to enable Hardware Acceleration?
Settings -> Video -> Playback -> DXVA2
Geez, I can't remember. I will have to check when I get home.
If it's happening on SD stuff then it's very unlikely that it has anything to do with DXVA. I think DXVA is checked by default in Eden anyways.

Make sure you don't have both 'Use a fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen' (found under Settings > System > Video Output) and 'Adjust display refresh rate to match video' (found under Settings > Video > Playback) checked at the same time. It often causes symptoms like you've described.
Also...go into the system settings and make sure you have 'true fullscreen' enabled.

You could also try re-loading the Catalyst Control Center.
Main HTPC:
Intel e4600 + AMD HD5450 + Antec NSK2480B case + 4gb ddr2 + Earthwatts 430 + 1.5tb Seagate 7200 + XBMC Rapier Qualar Mod Skin + Win7
Office HTPC/Ripper/Server:
AMD x4 635 + GT220 + Antec 300 case + 4gbddr3 + OCZ ModXStream 500 psu + 3x2tb WD green drives + Win7
I will try these suggestions. Thanks.
I'm have similar problems as you everything plays back fine in windowed mode. But fullscreen on SD and 1080p has tearing no matter what settings. I tried mpc-hc and playback is perfect in full screen but the SD looks worse than the default xbmc players SD ( while windowed). I haven't touched ccc except to set the underscan to 0. I'm lost
Tearing is usually related to Win 7's Aero. Some people report tearing with Aero enabled, so you can try to disable it. I've found the reverse is true on my machine and if Aero is disabled I get horrible tearing all over.

Also, make sure you have Vertical Blank Sync set to 'Always Enabled' under Settings > System > Video Output.
Stupid question, but how do I even set underscan to zero in CCC? I did not install the Vision Engine. Do I need this? I can't seem to find anywhere to tweak settings for the vid card.
well when you installed your Radeon 6870 vid card,
it came with a CD disc for drivers?

but its always recommended to get them from AMD directly..

Catalyst Software Suite
http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/P...n7-64.aspx
It did but I went right to AMD to install the latest. But strangely I have no folder in start menu for ATI/AMD stuff at all. Very weird.

The link you posted is the version I have installed. But when you go to install it asks you about 6-7 different things like HydraVision, HDMI audo driver, display driver, 3D Vision Engine, etc.

Do I need to install all these things?
i just install all,,,

when u right click on your desktop,

u should see the ATI CCC option in there

Yeah I see nothing when I rick-click the desktop. I must need to install all the options.
install all
ok

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video stuttering in Eden Win7 Build0