New HTPC : A6 3500 in Lian Li Q07 Box
First of all, I would like to thank Eskro for his thread. It was really the starting point for me to build this HTPC.

This HTPC will replace the popcorn Hour A-200 I'm about to sold. I'm fed up waiting from update that never comes !

So here it is :
  • AMD A6 3500 APU
  • Asus F1A75-I DELUXE
  • Lian Li PC-Q07B
  • Be Quiet Pure Power L7 - 350W
  • G.Skill Extreme3 4 Go PC12800 Ripjaws CAS 9
  • OCZ Vertex 2 60Gb SSD

I will use this existing material :
  • Samsung BD reader/Burner
  • 1,5 To SATA II hard drive (the one that was in the popcorn)

Some comments :

I know it's not the cheapest MB, but I really like the remote with keyboard on the back !

After a very long research and lots of thoughts about the case, I have finally chosen the Lian Li Q07 because I can fit inside the 5,25" player, the 3,5" SATA hard disc and the 2,5" SSD.
I hesitate a long time also about a µATX or mini ITX motherboard, but I really wanted something as small as possible.

I will receive the material this week-end.
If some of you are interested, I will post some pictures.

cheers.
OK, an update.
Everything was received properly.

The assembly was easy, even if it is a bit difficult to fit all the cables in the case.

XBMC works very well. I still have to work on the DTS MA solutions.

The only thing that is not working is the ASUS remote control Angry
I have tried to use it on other computer, but no success at all ...
i have sent an e-mail to ASUS to see what I can do.
This remote was really what made me chose this mobo, so I'm very Sad
yeah, I've heard bad things about that ASUS remote...
hope you'll get it sorted out soon!

nice HTPC you have there.
very nice case too, Lian Li's are top notch!

Hope you know that official XBMC version doesnt natively bitstream hd-audio.
if thats what you were looking to do.

you'll need the help of an external player such as MPC-HC,
or DSPLAYER.
Pics? nice setup!
Yeah !
I get it working !
And not thanks to ASUS. the answers from the support center were just crap.

In fact, I had to push the remote pair button while plugging the USB receiver ...
I found that myself after trying everything I could during 1 hour ...

eskro : Yes I know. I will try the MPC solution I think

And for the pics, they will come shortly !
right on!!
french_chris Wrote:XBMC works very well. I still have to work on the DTS MA solutions.
The easiest solution is setup XBMC external player. You can use my guide from this thread- Working External Player Solution. or you can try the July version of pre-eden in my signature. One user is very happy with it today!
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
bluray Wrote:The easiest solution is setup XBMC external player. You can use my guide from this thread- Working External Player Solution. or you can try the July version of pre-eden in my signature. One user is very happy with it today!

Yes, I have read all you methods ! Thanks very much for your implication on this matter.

I don't really want to work with a pre-eden version, because I'm very happy with the Beta 2 at the moment, so I have started to use MPC.

I, in fact, had a problem at a point of your explaination because I was not seeing the ffdshow filters in MPC. This was because I installed the x64 version of MPC instead of x32 ! My mistake.

Now MPC is playing nicely my original blu-ray discs as well as the blu-ray rips.

I just have to configure XBMC to use MPC as an external player.
I do it step by step ...
Hehe.... the Asus Remote is tricky if you dont read the MANUAL Wink
Cykle Wrote:Hehe.... the Asus Remote is tricky if you dont read the MANUAL Wink

Not at all !
the manual says to plug the USB receiver AND pairing the remote.

And this isn't working, at least for me on the different PC I tried.
Manual says to plugin the usb device and install driver. Then unplug and plugin and then pair the device.... maybe your manual is outdated..........
french_chris Wrote:Now MPC is playing nicely my original blu-ray discs as well as the blu-ray rips.

I just have to configure XBMC to use MPC as an external player.
I do it step by step ...
It's a good habit to get one thing working at a time before you combine it. Now that you got MPC-HC to work, you can do as following to setup XBMC external player:

1. Download these XBMC external player codes (Playercorefactory, PlayDisc, PlayBDMV and PalyISO)
a. place the files in AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata folder
b. replace TMT5 in Playercorefacotry, PlayDisc, PlayBDMV and PlayISO with MPC-HC
c. make sure that the directory paths for MPC-HC matches the directory inside Playercorefacotry, PlayDisc, PlayBDMV and PlayISO codes
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
I've been considering the same motherboard. I've read reviews suggesting that the ASUS remote has poor range and does not always recognize button presses.

Can anyone with this remote post their experiences with this remote? Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New HTPC : A6 3500 in Lian Li Q07 Box0