Migrating from one windows profile to another
I had to create a new profile on my windows xp PC (don't ask why, long story).

I had made quite a lot of changing and personalisation in xbmc so didn't want to start again.

I thought I'd try my luck and just copy the xbmc application data folder from my old windows profile to the new one.

Everything works great except when i select "Music" i just get a empty list!

I've tried getting xbmc to update media every time xbmc is opened but still have an empty list.

Anyone know how I can get my music to appear on screen again in xbmc after changing to a new Windows profile??

MY BACKGROUND SPECS & VERSIONS ETC BELOW:

Windows Version + patch level is windows xp pro sp3
CPU/Architecture 3ghz cpu 32 bit
RAM amount - 512MB just now, upgrading soon!
Video Card and Driver version Nvidia 6200 not sure of driver version
Sound Card and Driver version - crappy no board sound on my Shuttle XPC
Other devices related to issue - none that are relevent
XBMC Revision - 10.1 dharma with aeon mq2
Detailed Instructions to Reproduce the Problem - outlined in this post above
Were you using network drive letters for your sources, and have they changed?

JR
You don't say whether you checked your source for music and that it had Music as the type and the scanner set. Since you're using a custom skin it's also possible that you put a favorite on the menu and called it Music which leads to an empty playlist...I did that once and confused me for a few minutes.
Mythbuntu doesn't need viruses - we have Sudo
jhsrennie Wrote:Were you using network drive letters for your sources, and have they changed?

JR

Dobyken Wrote:You don't say whether you checked your source for music and that it had Music as the type and the scanner set. Since you're using a custom skin it's also possible that you put a favorite on the menu and called it Music which leads to an empty playlist...I did that once and confused me for a few minutes.

Thanks for replying chaps! I managed to get my music back by simply importing it again. I know that's an obvious solution, so sorry for posting this query and wasting folks time, but I was just new to xbmc and think i panicked Laugh

cheers anyway

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Migrating from one windows profile to another0