Library update stops.
Hi.
When I add a folder as a source, and I set the scrapper for movies, it starts downloading movie information and thumbs just fine, but it stops around 147-150th movie. Anyone ever experience the same?

Thanks for answers :-)
Can you post your log file ?
http://www.mediafire.com/?l71mhyggucbjmm0
http://www.mediafire.com/?dpdow063x3qp25n

Here are full debug logs.
I've tried to reinstall XBMC a million times, and not change any settings in the IMDb scrapper or anything, but it allways stops at 145 movies now, no more, no less. Thanks for any help you guys :-)
Btw, I'm using the IMDb scraper for movies.
There's a whole lot of scraping going on there - 8 or 9megs of log! That said, at the end of it all there's no real errors I could see.

Can I make a suggestion? Try using Media Companion to create NFO's for your files. XBMC will then read these to get the scrape info. Once you've got those into the database you can shut off any automatic updates for the source and just do manuals as you add files or update your library periodically instead of every start-up.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
I could try that maybe, thanks, but this is abit interesting, I have all my series and movies on my NAS, right. And I tried installing XBMC on my main computer, as I have a HTPC with xbmc live. And on my main PC i get this error when I add movies to the library "Unable to connect to remote server".
Zept Wrote:I could try that maybe, thanks, but this is abit interesting, I have all my series and movies on my NAS, right. And I tried installing XBMC on my main computer, as I have a HTPC with xbmc live. And on my main PC i get this error when I add movies to the library "Unable to connect to remote server".

I could see in the logs that the files were on a remote system. Might be why the scrapes are failing. Try searching for that as a separate issue using that error - I know I've seen threads for that specifically.

Good luck!

EDIT: others are having issues with Eden Beta 1 right now and movie scrapes. I've heard that installing the YouTube addon fixes this (a workaround suggested by Davilla until repaired)
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
DDDamian Wrote:I could see in the logs that the files were on a remote system. Might be why the scrapes are failing. Try searching for that as a separate issue using that error - I know I've seen threads for that specifically.

Good luck!

EDIT: others are having issues with Eden Beta 1 right now and movie scrapes. I've heard that installing the YouTube addon fixes this (a workaround suggested by Davilla until repaired)

It's worth a shot :-) Thanks man.
Zept Wrote:It's worth a shot :-) Thanks man.

Seems to be issues with TheMovieDB scraper. I understand it's fixed in the nightlies if you want to give that a go.
I found a soloution, kind of. The scraper won't download everything automaticly, but if I go to every movie that isn't in the library, press info, and refresh, it will download and go in the library. So I can fix it manually, problem is that I have about 450 movies, so it might take awhile :-)
Zept Wrote:I found a soloution, kind of. The scraper won't download everything automaticly, but if I go to every movie that isn't in the library, press info, and refresh, it will download and go in the library. So I can fix it manually, problem is that I have about 450 movies, so it might take awhile :-)

Yikes! That's where Media Companion might come in handy - it'll scrape and create .NFOs in each directory. XBMC will read from the .NFO first if available. It's outside of XBMC, but a handy program and might speed things up a lot for ya.
DDDamian Wrote:Yikes! That's where Media Companion might come in handy - it'll scrape and create .NFOs in each directory. XBMC will read from the .NFO first if available. It's outside of XBMC, but a handy program and might speed things up a lot for ya.

I've seen where XBMC partially scrapes movies so there are entries in the files table but since the CRC does not change no additional scanning is performed. To make them scan again the path needs to be changed or the database wiped...or individually updated through the menu. Adding a .nfo file when the db is in this condition may not solve the problem. I'm not sure why this happens..may be related to themoviedb being unavailable when the initial scan is done or gremlins.
Mythbuntu doesn't need viruses - we have Sudo

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Library update stops.0