Add-ons Down?
I noticed I couldn't update my library and was getting the "cannot connect to the remote server" error. So after looking on here I seen that some are having luck fixing the issue by adding the youtube add on. I try to install the add on and I can get as far as sellecting "xbmc.org add-ons" and then it just sits there saying "waiting" and never connect to the add-on repo. I also notice The MovieDB shows and update available however I cannot install the update.

I'm using Eden Beta and even tried a fresh install with no luck. Seems to me something is currently down. Anyone else having similar issues?
I've had a few add-ons self-update today without issue (around 6:00pm GMT-5:00).
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
I have only had the issue for the last couple hours. 7:00-9:00pm EST.

Wasn't home the rest of the day to try it.

Can anyone else access add-ons right now? This is happening on all three of my HTPC's. Windows Eden Beta
Just added one from official repo - no issues at all.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
Appears only 2 of my 3 xbmc box's are having the issue. No idea what is causing it.
Very strange. I can't think of anything that would cause that. Hope it clears up for ya.
FIXED!

On my two boxes with issues I closed xbmc and then had to go into task manager and end the xbmc process.

After doing so I was still not able to update The MovieDB. I was however able to get into the Add ons and install Youtube. After installing Youtube I was then able to update MovieBD and successfully update my library.

No idea why the XBMC process was not ending when I closed XBMC or why I needed to install Youtube. But all is good again!
Strange - something was hanging XBMC, but a YouTube addon shouldn't fix anything. Glad to hear its good now Big Grin
DDDamian Wrote:Strange - something was hanging XBMC, but a YouTube addon shouldn't fix anything. Glad to hear its good now Big Grin

There is actually an issue with the beta where installing the youtube add-on can fix scraping.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=972832&postcount=4
Interesting - wonder the specifics? I don't have the YouTube addon installed and no issues with Beta 1.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Add-ons Down?0