[atv2] Crash on Wall View
Hi all, first time posting an issue so please let me know if I've done anything wrong

My install on an atv2 works great, except when any media is in wall view, moving around makes the device crash and reboot.

This is fine, I can change all the menus to another view except the music artist menu, when I press 'left' on my remote (which usually brings up the menu with the view mode) it just takes me to the other end of the alphabet, and then crashes the device

Can anyone tell me a way to fix it? Really grateful for any input.

The skin is aeon nox

Thanks
Jon
Yeah I'm experining the same fault, as above has anyone got any ideas.
Skin Aeon nox
Platform (AppleTV2,)
Version of iOS/ATV (4.2.2)
XBMC Build version and date compiled (Darwin 11)
Install Method (apt-get,)
FULL Debug Log (http://pastebin.com/xe1tL5cp)
AppleTV Crash Report: http://pastebin.com/LcuVLvq4
Detailed Instructions to Reproduce the Problem (Load Aeon Nox skin, Open Movies, set the layout to wall view, browse about for a bit and crash)
Try updating your ATV2 to the 4.4.4, There IS a jailbreak for it now with ATV2, Use season pass and it will get it done untethered. Im using the 4.4.4 with the Eden version. Working fine, except a couple crashes at the beginning. But I can change to any type of view and no hiccups. Try that maybe?
Would like to but unfortunately lost my apple tv remote which makes updating very difficult.
Included my xbmc.log file here: http://pastebin.com/FAU4gPZK

Am going to try and find my version number etc,
teedd Wrote:Would like to but unfortunately lost my apple tv remote which makes updating very difficult.

Do you have another iOS device? iPhone, iPod, iPad ? You can just download the Apple Remote app, works the same.
FYI, this is a bad idea since 4.4.4 has known performance issues. I *stupidly* upgraded, and now can't properly playback video's w/ 5.1 audio w/o constant stuttering. Thanks for the tip, ass.

bradpaulp Wrote:Try updating your ATV2 to the 4.4.4, There IS a jailbreak for it now with ATV2, Use season pass and it will get it done untethered. Im using the 4.4.4 with the Eden version. Working fine, except a couple crashes at the beginning. But I can change to any type of view and no hiccups. Try that maybe?
Your first post, and you call someone trying to help an "ass" because something they suggested to someone else didn't work for you? Nice. Stay classy....
- Amazon FireTV Stick 4K running latest stable Kodi version
- Sony Bravia XBR-x900h Android TV running latest stable Kodi version
- Skin: Aeon Nox: SiLVO
Rather than upgrading IOS - suggest you upgrade to Beta2 and see if that helps.
Is there any way to change the view in artist view? So it's not a wall anymore i.e. list or infowall?

That doesn't involve pressing left!
OK, in case anyone is as thick as me and doesn't read the instructions properly

hold 'up'
I dont know if i write in good thread, but when i view movies on my ATV2 4.4 with XBMC (EDEN) so it often crash, dont care what you watch avi or mkv files, big files or small files. when it crash i got screen of ATV home screen.

For all users XBMC crashing?

Im use for streaming my macbook MC517.
canadave Wrote:Your first post, and you call someone trying to help an "ass" because something they suggested to someone else didn't work for you? Nice. Stay classy....

Wish I could +1 That comment man. Thanks.
AND BTW, whitecom, try this for your stuttering audio, since I had stuttering audio problems even with the 4.2.X as well.

MOST of the time the stuttering audio problem has to do with the audio codec/video codecs. I.E. Its tough to play anything 1080p with an ATV2 since it wasn't designed for that. It CAN do it, but with the wrong audio codec behind it, it will stutter. Also, what I found to be the best video's to play if you are going to do a 1080, i.e. blu ray rip, is to make sure its audio is AC3 or DD5.1 AND that in your setup you have dolby digital and dts enabled checked. and of course you have a dd5.1/dts capable receiver. just because you have some surround sound system, doesn't mean it has those decoders.

Anyway, try those, if that doesn't work, just switch it to stereo and have your receiver work Dolby PRO-LOGIC I/II, thats what we used for years before 5.1 came around.

In either case, its hardly the doing of an iOS upgrade, that problem has always existed, but the non newbs/amateurs (i.e. people such as whitecom, oh thats you), have already discovered this.

Last night I watched another movie also in 5.1, and had no stuttering problems, I'm using 4.4.4 with the Eden release still, no issues thus far. Check your facts.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[atv2] Crash on Wall View0