[ATV2] Not loading centralized data
I have a Windows 7 machine and (2) ATV2 boxes. Right now I'm trying to get the Win 7 and just one of my ATV2 boxes using a centralized data store. The Win7 machine is working fine. Eden Beta is installed, I have all the sources defined using the smb:// path (see below). I have the same source file being used on both machines in their respective userdata directory.

Code:
<sources>
    <programs>
        <default pathversion="1"></default>
    </programs>
    <video>
        <source>
            <name>Movies</name>
            <path pathversion="1">smb://DNISBETT-PC/Movies/</path>
        </source>
        <source>
            <name>TV Shows</name>
            <path pathversion="1">smb://DNISBETT-PC/TV Shows/</path>
        </source>
    </video>
    <music>
    </music>
    <pictures>
    </pictures>
    <files>
    </files>
</sources>

I am also using the same advancedsettings.xml (see below) directory between both machines. Once again, on the Win7 machine, this works perfectly.

Code:
<advancedsettings>
    <videodatabase>
        <type>mysql</type>
        <host>192.168.1.142</host>
        <port>3306</port>
        <user>xbmc</user>
        <pass>xbmc</pass>
    </videodatabase>

<musicdatabase>
        <type>mysql</type>
        <host>192.168.1.142</host>
        <port>3306</port>
        <user>xbmc</user>
        <pass>xbmc</pass>
    </musicdatabase>

<pathsubstitution>
        <substitute>
            <from>special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/</from>
            <to>smb://DNISBETT-PC/Thumbnails/</to>
        </substitute>
    </pathsubstitution>
</advancedsettings>

The problem is that whenever I launch XBMC on my test ATV2 machine which also has Eden Beta installed, nothing shows up for my content. There is no selection for Movies or TV Shows. There's just Videos, and when I go to library, nothing is listed. I've checked out my XBMC.log that is generated and while there is information listed about problems with the thumbnails (not sure if the messages are an actual problem or not) between lines 93 to 309 I don't see anything else to clue me in on what's not working. I see messages where it was able to successfully query the database on lines 448 and 449. Those queries say they returned 0 which is totally incorrect.

XBMC.log
http://pastebin.com/77VvN9fQ

Images of Menu selection and Video library
http://imgur.com/a/o79DQ

I hope someone can steer me on the right path here. I've gone through the Wiki, I've gone through the forum manually and I've searched gobs galore. I've been trying to get this centralized system working for 2 months now on my own and am at my wits end.

Of course another small thing, I don't seem to be able to change the skin on my ATV2. I select to install Back Row, it says it installs, then when I actually try to change the skin, the screen sits for about 5 seconds, blinks and then nothing. Not a big concern and haven't really tackled that one yet.
Can you see the connection from the ATV on your mysql server?
So feel free to disregard this post. I just figured that because I was having so many problems that I would start fresh. So this is what I did.
  • Restore ATV2 in iTunes
  • Download latest version of SeasonPass
  • Jailbreak ATV2
  • Install XBMC for iOS using the Wiki steps
  • Configure ATV2 for sound/network/disable AirPlay
  • Run XBMC once
  • Copy AdvancedSettings.xml and Sources.xml to proper userdata folder on ATV2
  • Load XBMC on ATV2
  • REJOICE!
tip - use the ip for the path substitution instead of the samba name - netbios name resolution is wonky sometimes and then you would wonder when your thumbs are disappearing...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ATV2] Not loading centralized data0