MediaFire
Well.. I registered on MediaFire to make a test and see if i can work with XBMC

I created directories for Photos, Videos, Movies etc. and directories inside of these.

When i click the option SHARE on MediaFire it gives me a link, which doesnt seem to change so i guess that's a good thing.

My question now is: How do i add this folders to XBMC so it can search for the content?

I go to Add Network Location but which option should i put?Web server directory HTTPS ?Web server directory HTTP?Webdav server?UPNP server? it got plenty others..
try making an STRM file: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...io_streams
i've created everything like in link you sent.

how do i add it to xbmc now? ADD Source? It's a Pictures type

I go to Add Pictures Source ; Browse; c:/Desktop/XBMC/ but it doesnt show the file xxx.strm so i just add the folder.

and it doesnt show any pictures..
Created a txt file and renamed to: Campeoes.strm
Inside i put the link from Mediafire: http://www.mediafire.com/?e2i5eds920bq2

This is the link for 3 pictures, not a direct link to a specific picture. It's supposed to simulate a photo album for now.

I go to XBMC Menu Pictures, click ADD Source, Browse and go to my local hard drive and click the folder where the .strm file is.

I give it a name and its added, but when i click on it through XBMC it doesnt show anything....
I don't think strm files will work with pictures.
Ned Scott Wrote:I don't think strm files will work with pictures.

argh

I just spoke with MediaFire and they confirmed streaming works with Videos and Audio, but they say nobody ever tried to stream Pictures so they don't think this works Smile

So how can i do it?

It seems every folder/album has a unique web address which doesnt change. It allows me to view photos through the web browser...

Any suggestion on how i could do this?

Maybe ill have to stream videos through XBMC, and whenever i want to check for pictures/albuns i'll get out of XBMC and use Mozzilla or something...
Mediafire have now released an API with which you can submit a username and password, retrieve a list of files / directories and then download a file. With this it ought to be trivial for someone with a little programming knowledge to build a plugin to be able to view the files on your mediafire account and then directly stream them. I wish I had the skill to do this myself, but if someone wants to take on the project, it seems like a great place to offload your music and videos. mediafire pro is very good value as far as cloud storage goes.
I am very interested in doing this as well. Anyone have any luck at all?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MediaFire0