seek problem
Hi all

I post this problem before, please help me here.
when I seek constantly (forward or backward) XBMC is crash.
This happens only under Eden version, in Dharma version its work fine.
can anyone help me here?

my system:
XBMC "Eden" version
Q6600
2GB RAM
GT240
2GB HD

here is the log file.

http://pastebin.com/n02XYc0Y
Can you enable debug logging (from System settings, System, Debugging) then post the log you get with debugging enabled. I can see a crash logged:

Code:
ERROR: CThread::staticThread : Access violation at 0x007c1b37: Reading location 0x00009b9f

but with debug logging enabled it's hard to see what is causing it.

JR
Hi JR

Many thanks for your help.

its very weird, when I enable the debug logging everything work fine!
I try around 20 different movies and all of them work fine.

when I disable the debug logging the crash come again.

here is the log file

http://pastebin.com/1fKCnunZ

the log file is very big, can send it by email ?
I'm having this same problem. I frequently navigate videos using smallstepback and stepforward. Pressing either in rapid succession often causes XBMC to crash. This happens on all three PC's of mine that run XBMC on pretty much any video I play.

Strangely, when I enable debug logging, it doesn't crash when I do this!

Is there perhaps a way to turn off the text displaying in the upper left when debugging is turned on? That would fix my problem for now.
(2012-03-18, 05:12)Rakeesh Wrote: Is there perhaps a way to turn off the text displaying in the upper left when debugging is turned on? That would fix my problem for now.

Press Windows-R and in the Run dialog type:

Code:
notepad "%appdata%\xbmc\userdata\advancedsettings.xml"

and click OK and answer Yes when you're asked to create a new file. Copy and paste the following into Notepad:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <loglevel>1</loglevel>
</advancedsettings>

Close Notepad and save the changes. This enables debug logging without the on screen display.

There have been lots of reports of the "crash on skip" bug, but we haven't been able to pin down the problem. On my test systems I can't make it happen.

JR
Is it possible to do this without the log file being written to? I am running this on an SSD and would like to avoid the unnecessary writes.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
seek problem0