Beta 2 iOS not recognising advancedsettings.xml
I've just installed xbmc on my ipad today.
I have xbmc running on my mac in my bedroom and a win 7 htpc in the lounge room with a mysql database set up on the htpc and my media files on a network drive. All of these are running Eden beta2.

I copied my advancedsettings.xml file from my mac and put it in the userdata folder on my ipad. (/var/mobile/library/preferences/xbmc/userdata)

However, when I open the xbmc app, there are no videos in my library. Its clearly not accessing my mysql database.

I'm completely at a loss. I know the xml file is correct, because it works on my mac. I was fairly sure I didn't need to change it before using the same xml file for my ipad.

If I manually point my ipad at my collection, it will add the videos and scrape the data, but I would prefer to use my mysql database than have to update my video library everytime I open the ipad app.

I don't think its an issue with mysql, since I enabled all permissions to everything for any user on my home network when I upgraded to eden beta1

any ideas/help/suggestions? What am I doing wrong?

update: I just had a look through the log and the entry says

Quote: ERROR: Error loading special://profile/advancedsettings.xml, Line 0
Failed to open file

so obviously it can't read my xml file for some reason. Again I'm at a complete loss. Help?
xbmc.log will show it accessing advancedsettings.xml. I see.. oh wait, you did not post it, sorry can't help.
Skeo Wrote:I've just installed xbmc on my ipad today.
I have xbmc running on my mac in my bedroom and a win 7 htpc in the lounge room with a mysql database set up on the htpc and my media files on a network drive. All of these are running Eden beta2.

I copied my advancedsettings.xml file from my mac and put it in the userdata folder on my ipad. (/var/mobile/library/preferences/xbmc/userdata)

However, when I open the xbmc app, there are no videos in my library. Its clearly not accessing my mysql database.

I'm completely at a loss. I know the xml file is correct, because it works on my mac. I was fairly sure I didn't need to change it before using the same xml file for my ipad.

If I manually point my ipad at my collection, it will add the videos and scrape the data, but I would prefer to use my mysql database than have to update my video library everytime I open the ipad app.

I don't think its an issue with mysql, since I enabled all permissions to everything for any user on my home network when I upgraded to eden beta1

any ideas/help/suggestions? What am I doing wrong?

update: I just had a look through the log and the entry says

so obviously it can't read my xml file for some reason. Again I'm at a complete loss. Help?

read the wiki ios faq and follow the part where it describes howto fix permissions ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Memphiz Wrote:read the wiki ios faq and follow the part where it describes howto fix permissions ...

Thanks, that solved it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Beta 2 iOS not recognising advancedsettings.xml0