[AppleTV2] - Cannot install Plugins... OK button not working
Hi All,

I've not used XBMC for a long time and have recently put it on my ATV2, and I am trying to install some plug ins for UK TV catchup services, iPlayer, Demand 5, 4OD etc...

I have tried to do what I have found in guides online, by downloading the plug ins in zip format.. then copying the zip via SSH to my ATV2 by Cyberduck, placing it in the 'private/var/mobile' folder, then opening up XBMC, I am going into Settings, then into Addons, then Install from a Zip... I then find the plug in which is in the home folder and select it, I have no option though, to click OK to carry on installing the plug in, and when I select it, it just opens the zip and shows me the folder (if any) inside the plug in with no other install options....

Please could you help? I have one other problem but will put that in another post.

Thanks in advance!
Hi, I seemed to have the same problem as you earlier today. Although I now updated to XBMC EDEN beta 2, and now when I click on the ok button it seems to have worked ok as lists the iplayer addon in the video section.
I was wondering if there is a manual way to install them? Could this be a problem with the new XBMC? Seems strange that there is no option to select them and click ok.
Could you not unzip them and then place then in private/var/mobile/XBMC/Addons in the form that the rest of them are? I am assuming this wouldn't work as more of an "install" process would take place when you open them but could be worth a try.
Set Up
Raspberry Pi running Raspbmc - XBMC 12.2
40" Samsung ES6800 LED Smart 3D 1080P TV
Onkyo HTS3405 5.1 DD True HD and DTS-HD Surround Sound
ReadyNAS Duo with 4TB (2 x 2TB X-RAID) Western Digital Caviar Green using NFS
It would work if you didn't need any other dependancies (other add-ons) for the skin/add-on to work. When you install-from-zip XBMC will check to see if there are any other files it needs. So yeah, if all else fails, unzip it and throw it in the addons folder. It won't hurt it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV2] - Cannot install Plugins... OK button not working0