Info/News Overlay above playing Video
Hi,

is it me or is xbmc something missing?

I heard last year 2011 would the year of the smart tv. So far i didn't see anything great from the television producers.

XBMC is a really great software and it is my only way to watch tv, movies, tv-shows, podcasts, youtube videos, listen to music or do anything else related to media.

In the last few weeks i thought something is missing. I'm watched some tv-episodes and missed some soccer results or some important news.

The RSS Feed in the home menu is a great thing to get the latest headlines.

However would it be a great idea to get something like a info overlay with a press on your remote? I would love the see my Twitter Timeline or the latest news or sports results, just while watching a video.

So i made a few - really not good looking - mock ups.

Maybe this could be something to get one thinking about my idea.

I'm not a programmer nor a designer but i would love to see this as an feature for xbmc or an addon.

Maybe this could be integrated in the subtitles or something.

Hope you like it.

There are two pictures of each. One as an overlay and one as side by side with the video.

greetz

regnets
I think this sort of thing could be done with a custom skin since they already have support for overlays, and hooking up the backend to a plugin which has an rss feed etc. Not familiar with XBMC internals but I assume this should be possible without a change in XBMC, just with skins and plugins.
A twitter ticker with the PVR version of xbmc would be cool for sure....you could track #whatever while watching live results or whatever...
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
bossanova808 Wrote:A twitter ticker with the PVR version of xbmc would be cool for sure....you could track #whatever while watching live results or whatever...

I saw you actually made an addon which display information while playing a video (OzWeather). So a Twitter addon would be just a small step further Wink.

I think it would be cool if xbmc would integrate an info screen which can be filled with data by addons. So that not every addon have to change skin specific files.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Info/News Overlay above playing Video0