Xbmc not updating library on iPad 2
Hi,

I have searched but cant seem to find an answer to this. I have a jail broken iPad 2 on ios 5.01 and the latest beta 2 of xbmc. It sets up fine can play files and have set the scrape to the required site. Xbmc however does not scrape any file data?

I have tried manually scraping each file but it doesn't seem to connect to moviedb or tvdb.

Any ideas?
1. Read the FAQ to make sure you know what you are doing.
2. Post a xbmc.log if you still have problems

On th ipad you two finger tap on an item to get the context menu.
I have set it up as far as I know have been using a long time on my htpc. I have enabled the debugging but how do you get the file off the iPad?
Ok I managed to access the ipad and downloaded the file to here

http://pastebin.com/KLvB0vKv
Have you:
  1. Set the content type to movie
  2. Set the scraper to themoviedb
  3. Told it to search subdirectories

See figure 7 in http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...tart_Guide
I have set the main folder titled movies and tv shows that I have to moviedb and tvdb respectively. I then run an update library the pop up box appears top right saying updating, searching for new content it then updates nothing. All the individual folders do not appear to be set to mirror the top folder. I have gone in manually for each of the folders holding the movie and tried a manual update. This produces the same outcome as the update on the top level folder. I have told it to search using folder name.

Where is the option to scan sub folders? Also their is no library view option as you get on say pc version of xbmc?
Did you try browsing to an individual file in file mode? And can you then play it? Next, call up the context menu on a single file and request the movie information from the context menu. That should either show you the movie information (if it's scraped) or it will try to scrape the information.

Remco
Smithgf Wrote:I have set the main folder titled movies and tv shows that I have to moviedb and tvdb respectively. I then run an update library the pop up box appears top right saying updating, searching for new content it then updates nothing. All the individual folders do not appear to be set to mirror the top folder. I have gone in manually for each of the folders holding the movie and tried a manual update. This produces the same outcome as the update on the top level folder. I have told it to search using folder name.

Where is the option to scan sub folders? Also their is no library view option as you get on say pc version of xbmc?

The option to scan subdirectories is Scan recursively as shown in step 7 of the quick start guide.

Can you upload a copy of your sources.xml from the userdata directory?
Here you go.

- <sources>
- <programs>
<default pathversion="1" />
</programs>
- <video>
- <source>
<name>TV SHOWS</name>
<path pathversion="1">upnp://00113208-5b53-0011-535b-535b08321100/33%2f17/</path>
</source>
- <source>
<name>MOVIES</name>
<path pathversion="1">upnp://00113208-5b53-0011-535b-535b08321100/33%2f26/</path>
</source>
</video>
- <music>
</music>
- <pictures>
</pictures>
- <files>
</files>
</sources>

One other thing it loses the scan automatically setting when I close it down and then reopen.

kno1 I have tried to scan against an individual file. It starts doing it but doesn't download any data just goes to compressing database. When I try to update using movie information on single file it doesnt do anything

One other thing with the new beta version it now buffers before starting to play which it never did on the older version I had of xbmc. The screen flickers while it buffers then the movie starts. I haven't watched a full movie so dont know if this happens again will try and do it tonight. Only seems to happen on initial start when i skip forward there is no buffering.
Ok deleted file and reconnected it now downloaded a couple of the tv shows info header but no episodes are showing and the rest of the files are not visible.

I then re deleted it and nothing showing but one opening it it still looks for the tv shows to update the library?

It now is stuck in a loop and will only see the two tv shows it updates the library with I am going to delete and reinstall a fresh version.

Ok deleted fresh install re established connections that will still there and back to original problem but buffering at the start has gone go figure this is a bit buggy on the ipad 2?.
Quote:UPNP is due to it's dynamic paths not compatible to XBMC's video library.
this is a quote from a XBMC developer in december I think, so you'll have to try something else.
--
XBMC HUB - THE NEW HOME FOR ADD-ONS and PLUGINS
Read how my ATV2 installation went
ATV2 one week on ... it's getting better all the time
XBMC/ATV2 - Feeling the love
--
XBMC:
Platform - Darwin iOS (11.0.0 AppleTV2,1, Version 4.3 (Build 8F305)).
11.0-RC2 - Built on Mar 1 2012 (Git:20120229-f38655f)
Platform - Darwin OSX (8.8.2 i386, Version 10.4.7 (Build 8N6014)).
11.0-RC2 - Built on Mar 1 2012 (Git:20120229-f38655f)
Like the man said. Upnp will not work in conjunction with the library. You saw the long line of jibberish in the source path. That is different each time you connect to a upnp server.

Try a different protocol.
Ok progress. I have Synology ds411j nas that stores the files. When I try to connect via smb I can see the synology which has a password to it but all I get is operation error?

When I do that via my htpc with windows 7 it connects is it ecause I ham trying via a mac iOS?

The only way I can see th files is via upnp.
Sorted I think logged in via smb using admin:[email protected]

Updated thetv shows bu crashing on th movie seems to be doing it one at a time then saying cannot connect to server.

Thanks all

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbmc not updating library on iPad 20