Upgraded to Beta 2, AppleTV2 Remote stop working...
After updating to Beta 2 my remote is no longer working in XBMC. I have attached my log file. Anybody else have this problem?

Here's the log at pastebin:

http://pastebin.com/b4kvfWjL

-hogfan
does it work in the native ATV2 interface?
Very good question. I just disabled the direct booter and it appears that it's not working in iOS either. Very strange. I see the activity light flash on the front of the apple tv when I push buttons on the remote.

I upgraded from Beta 1 using the following commands:

Code:
apt-get update
apt-get install org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2

Upgrade appeared to go fine (no errors). But then no more remote. I guess I will re-jailbreak and install fresh. I just don't like not knowing why it broke. Smile

After I noticed the issue I did ssh back into the AppleTV2 and tried to repair permissions as shown in the wiki.

Would it make a difference if I upgraded to beta 2 logged in as root rather than mobile?

-hogfan
You sure you haven't un-paired it? http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1555

EDIT: If that link fails, just refresh it as it seems to break the first time for some reason.
Set Up
Raspberry Pi running Raspbmc - XBMC 12.2
40" Samsung ES6800 LED Smart 3D 1080P TV
Onkyo HTS3405 5.1 DD True HD and DTS-HD Surround Sound
ReadyNAS Duo with 4TB (2 x 2TB X-RAID) Western Digital Caviar Green using NFS
Deanmv -

Thanks for that post! That was the issue. I didn't even know about that feature. I must have done it when I was trying to reboot the box from the remote. Thanks again.

-hogfan
I done it once when I was trying to reboot my ATV and pressed the wrong buttons so it was only from experience! I only noticed as the little broken chain logo came up in the corner as I was in front row, assuming that it doesn't come up in XBMC?
Set Up
Raspberry Pi running Raspbmc - XBMC 12.2
40" Samsung ES6800 LED Smart 3D 1080P TV
Onkyo HTS3405 5.1 DD True HD and DTS-HD Surround Sound
ReadyNAS Duo with 4TB (2 x 2TB X-RAID) Western Digital Caviar Green using NFS
might add this to the FAQ. I've done it at least once myself.
Same happened to me after the upgrade to beta 2. I even fixed it but a few days later same problem re-ocurred. Now I'm not being able to re-link the remote anymore.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Upgraded to Beta 2, AppleTV2 Remote stop working...0