Eden Beta 2 Advanced Launcher and Adding Favorites To Home Menu Issues
Hope I'm in the right place.

I love the look and feel of Eden. I do have a couple of minor issues though.

I'm using the Advanced Launcher plugin to launch Maximus Arcade. The program launches fine, but when I close out Maximus Arcade, XBMC remains minimized. Is there some sort of argument I can add to bring XBMC back into focus? The advanced launcher in the standard XBMC version was able to do this without setting anything up.

The confluence theme looks really nice in Eden, but is there a way to add favorites to the Home page menu? When I go into the skin settings, it only gives me an option to add 'add ons' such as You Tube to Sub menus. I was wanting to add favorites to the main menu on the home page as I could do with the Aeon theme in the standard XBMC version.

I'm not sure if this is an issue or not, but the advanced launcher plugin seems to be asking for too much information when trying to setup launching an application. When setting the plugin up to launch an application(not a game or emulator), I get the same prompts as when trying to set up a game or emulator. I didn't remember this being the case in the standard version of XBMC with the advanced launcher plugin.

Otherwise, Eden is very smooth and nice.
shalamigri Wrote:I'm using the Advanced Launcher plugin to launch Maximus Arcade. The program launches fine, but when I close out Maximus Arcade, XBMC remains minimized. Is there some sort of argument I can add to bring XBMC back into focus? The advanced launcher in the standard XBMC version was able to do this without setting anything up.
That's a problem with the Eden version of XBMC, I was not able to fix it directly from Advanced launcher. Seems that XBMC have difficulties to maximize correctly. What you can try to to create an autoit small script that will start Maximus Arcade and that will force XBMC to maximize after Maximus Arcade will be closed. You will found and example of suche script here : http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=988...count=2932

shalamigri Wrote:I'm not sure if this is an issue or not, but the advanced launcher plugin seems to be asking for too much information when trying to setup launching an application. When setting the plugin up to launch an application(not a game or emulator), I get the same prompts as when trying to set up a game or emulator. I didn't remember this being the case in the standard version of XBMC with the advanced launcher plugin.
During standalone creation, Advanced Launcher will normally ask you for : application path, arguments, title, platform, thumb path and fanart path. File launcher creation will ask you in addtion : items path and items extensions.
shalamigri Wrote:Hope I'm in the right place.

The confluence theme looks really nice in Eden, but is there a way to add favorites to the Home page menu? When I go into the skin settings, it only gives me an option to add 'add ons' such as You Tube to Sub menus. I was wanting to add favorites to the main menu on the home page as I could do with the Aeon theme in the standard XBMC version.

Follow this thread: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=89678 to add a smart playlist and you will be able to add custom favourite menus. You need to add the playlists and then modify the file Home.xml in the template directory.
Thanks a lot everyone. The Autoit solution worked fine. I'll read the next thread on adding favorites. Thanks again.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Eden Beta 2 Advanced Launcher and Adding Favorites To Home Menu Issues0