Anyone using Bitcasa with XBMC, is it even possible?
(2013-11-05, 18:53)ashlar Wrote: Yup, my server tends to err on the uptime side of the coin, so I didn't realize that the share got lost on reboot.

The solution you suggest takes care of that? To clarify: I do not have XBMC on the same machine as Bitcasa (I could if I wanted to or if it's better that way, but I prefer to keep the HTPC as an HTPC and that's it).

Yes, the symlink solution works great and fix the lost share on boot issue. Now the other issue I experience is that Bitcasa servers speed is not the greatest and despite my 200/100 Mbit connection, I am sometimes able to max out my connection but if often fluctuates. This make playback of 1080p 9GB file to buffer every few mins. I need to find a solution to make XBMC cache as much movie ahead as possible. I read it is going to be possible in Gotham, but I don't use nightlies so I am unable to check.
(2013-11-05, 19:24)stiwi Wrote: Yes, the symlink solution works great and fix the lost share on boot issue. Now the other issue I experience is that Bitcasa servers speed is not the greatest and despite my 200/100 Mbit connection, I am sometimes able to max out my connection but if often fluctuates. This make playback of 1080p 9GB file to buffer every few mins. I need to find a solution to make XBMC cache as much movie ahead as possible. I read it is going to be possible in Gotham, but I don't use nightlies so I am unable to check.
Cool, thanks for your answer.

Regarding Bitcasa bandwidth I sadly report that yes... it's not enough currently. They say that in Europe the situation will get better. As it is, unless you have low resolution stuff... it's not enough. And yes, Gotham offers those options.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
(2013-11-06, 14:36)ashlar Wrote: Regarding Bitcasa bandwidth I sadly report that yes... it's not enough currently. They say that in Europe the situation will get better. As it is, unless you have low resolution stuff... it's not enough. And yes, Gotham offers those options.

It is not just Europe I am afraid. I am in Asia on 200/100 fiber and have been trying various ways to see where the problem is, including route changing via VPN using US locations where I can get up to 100Mbit download (through VPN). It still struggled with 1080p 9GB movie. So if the "local" connection is unable to catch up it means Bitcasa is not ready for streaming and HTPC purposes. It seems to be working fine for files 4GB and less but forget about 1080p streaming.

On the other hand what can we expect for $10 / month?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Anyone using Bitcasa with XBMC, is it even possible?0