FTP Library issue on ATV2 and IOS 5.01
Hi I couldn't find a resolution to this. I am using FTP (Filezilla Server on a Windows machine) to add movies to my library. If I select Scan recursively it adds a link for every .vob or .ifo file in a folder that has a dvd structure.

If I do not scan select recursively, it does not add the movie at all. (presumbably because i have the movie in the VIDEO_TS folder under the Movie Folder name.

This is only an issue with FTP access. If I use Windows SMB it works fine though I am using ftp on my phone and at an offsite location.

Are there any solutions to this or better solutions I can run on my windows box to allow access to the files from offsite?
I'm just going to convert my video_ts folders to ISO or M4V. I don't have that many.
try "use foldernames for scraping" or what it is called ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Memphiz Wrote:try "use foldernames for scraping" or what it is called ...

Yeah i have that setting selected. Works fine on my local network using smb, i found some documents that this is an issue with FTP and there was no fix that i saw.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
FTP Library issue on ATV2 and IOS 5.010