Problems with XBMC
Hi Guys,
I am new here, and new to ATV and XBMC.
I jailbroke my ATV, installed XBMC using the programme PUTTY. Then i added 2 add-ons. 4OD and BBC iPlayer.
All was working fine for a few days, but today when i stream using the 2 add ons, after a minuet or so it will stop. Also when i am watching a film on XBMC from my laptop library the picture seems very choppy.

I have un-installed XBMC, and installed it again using nitoTV, but still have the same issues. Also when i re-installed XBMC my add-ons where still there and so was my folders, which i was expecting to have gone.

I have searched all over the forum for an answer and i cant find it. Here is the information that you request for an issue. I hope this is correct as, to be honest i have no idea what it all is and if i have done it correctly.

System Info:
Free Memory: 114MB
Operating System: Darmin 11.0.0 Darwin Kernel Version 11.0.0: Compiled Jan 20 2012

Storage:
/dev/disk0s1s1 569M 507M 57M 90% /
/dev/disk0s1s2 6.9G 866M 6.1G 13% /private/var

Log files uploaded below.

/private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/xbmc.log http://pastebin.com/V7cjExnm

/private/var/log/syslog http://pastebin.com/jZ8Mngfj

/var/mobile/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/AppleTV_2012-01-21-150604_Apple-TV.plist http://pastebin.com/AtaCVdRq ( In this folder i had 12 of these reports, all for the date of 2012-01-21 - so i chose the one with the latest time - assuming 150604 was a time stamp)

Again, this is all very new to me so i hope that it is all correct. Please let me know if i have missed any thing.

Thanks for your help Big Grin
James
Well you have nearly done everything correct:

1. You havn't had turned debug on in Settings->System->
2. You have posted a CrashReporter which doesn't fit to your problem. I have tried to clarify this in the "How To Post A Bug Thread" latly - but it seems i have to do better. So you don't have a crash (crash means - going back to the ATV2 Main menu) - so no CrashReporter is needed. Could you give me a hint how i can clarfiy this more for the others? (click the first link in my signature and maybe you can could tell me what to change in the formulation).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Hi Memphiz

Thanks for your time here. I did see the post that you mentioned above, but being a complete novice at this i didnt really understand it.

Quote:Things we want from EVERY report:
Platform (eg. AppleTV2, iPhone 4, iPad, etc.)
Version of iOS/ATV (e.g. iOS 4.3 build 8F305 /w Apple TV software 4.2.2)
XBMC Build version and date compiled (See below)
Install Method (apt-get, dpkg, ssh'd and copied)
FULL Debug Log (Please use your favorite paste site! See below.) << NOT OPTIONAL!
Detailed Instructions to Reproduce the Problem (The more specific the better.)
If your issue is a crash back to ATV2 main menu / iOS - CrashReporter and Syslog are needed too!

GUI Problems (Navigation, Finding options, Setup, Labels, etc):
Skin name

Playback Problems:
Video codec and container.
Audio codec and container.
MediaInfo output (ref frames, etc goggle mediainfo for where to obtain it for your platform, it will have info above too)
You may also need to provide a sample. (100-500mb piece of the problematic file. Make sure the sample also exhibits the same issue you post. Dropbox/mediafire/etc for hosting it)

After reading this part of your post, i didnt understand most of it, and didnt continue to read the rest of the post where you explain how to find the logs and so on.

The only reason i did what i did in my original post was i found some one else who posted an issue and i copied what they did.

Thanks
James
k ... i think i have to push one of our text wizards onto this for making it more understandable - thx Smile
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problems with XBMC0