Laggy in menus?
snowjim Wrote:
Thanks!

I tested this and it makes BIG diffrence, the main menu is vary smooth now and runs in 60fps. But when entering movies with the thumbnail wall the fps drops to 24fps and when moving around a bit over 10 fps. It seemse like its diffrent graphic handler for the mian menu and the thumb wall?

Is this a problem with the stabel version as well(not Eden)? Maby I should downgrade?

I had this issue with the nightlies and Beta 1 and Beta 2...so dont think downgrading will help.
>>X<<' Wrote:This is pretty normal for a low powered box running windows and using a heavy skin like Aeon theres two things you can do

If you haven't enabled dds fanart then that's the first thing you should do that way your GPU will render most of the artwork instead of your CPU

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Adv...sfanart.3E

Once its enabled you need to scroll through your library but you wont see results in performance until your artwork has been encoded to dds files this can take some time keep an eye on your image cache to be sure

The second thing you can do is use "Eden Beta 2" this gives you the option of using "dirty-regions" and "no flip time out"

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Adv...regions.3E

This did make it noticable better but we are still on low fps, about 15fps.
What's the load on your CPU like ?
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
>>X<<' Wrote:What's the load on your CPU like ?

Main menu with fast scrolling (Aeon NOX) : CPU about 20-30%
Thumbnail wall not scorlling : CPU about 30-40%
Thumbnail wall scrolling : CPU between 50-90%
DVD ISO Movie : CPU about 12%
plastrd Wrote:With both XBMC 10 and the 11 betas, I had low FPS performance in the menus when the system option "Use fullscreen window" was checked. Switching to true fullscreen all menus and animations scrolled smoothly.
Perhaps something to try. I'm not sure what the advantages of using a fullscreen window over actual fullscreen are and why that is the default.

System specs for reference:
Intel E2160
4gb ram
Geforce 8400GS
Win7 x64

I checked and I was already using true fullscreen...just to experiment I tried switching to fullscreen window and the problem got much worse.

I'm still stumped...Ill post a debug log when I can...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Laggy in menus?0