XBMC for Xbox360 should be possible?
I know you, the current team are reluctant to do a port, but why? The XDK is available and there is plenty of hardware acceleration available to use. Since the RGH-hack more people would happily use their consoles as their media players. Why is ot more interesting to spend time on other strange platforms now that Xbox 360 has full documentation?
jillripper Wrote:I know you, the current team are reluctant to do a port, but why? The XDK is available and there is plenty of hardware acceleration available to use. Since the RGH-hack more people would happily use their consoles as their media players. Why is ot more interesting to spend time on other strange platforms now that Xbox 360 has full documentation?

The team has made it clear that they aren't interested in consoles anymore; efforts are more focused in other areas such as Linux, OSX/iOS, and Windows. They have stated that while they won't do a port, anyone else is more than welcome to do so. As XBMC is open-source, the code is there for anyone to use.
Going back to not being able to release binaries legally doesn't really seem like a step forward.
0wing Wrote:Going back to not being able to release binaries legally doesn't really seem like a step forward.

I doubt it would be the main issue
i have a perfectly capable, hassle-free linux based box sitting under my tv that cost me less than a 360 (which it sits right next to). why on earth would i hate myself enough to mock around with a hacked device that is much less capable? it makes absolutely no sense *to me*. if it makes sense *to you*, *you* do something about it. but for the love of everything green and shiny stop nagging us!
LOL - it was the XBox's media playback limitations that drove me to find XBMC. I for one don't need another reason to RROD my XBox as it whines like the last flight of the Concorde while trying to listen to music.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
spiff Wrote:i have a perfectly capable, hassle-free linux based box sitting under my tv that cost me less than a 360 (which it sits right next to). why on earth would i hate myself enough to mock around with a hacked device that is much less capable? it makes absolutely no sense *to me*. if it makes sense *to you*, *you* do something about it. but for the love of everything green and shiny stop nagging us!

Ok... which one? Could it play 1080P flawlessly and play zipped or RARed content as well?
DDDamian Wrote:LOL - it was the XBox's media playback limitations that drove me to find XBMC. I for one don't need another reason to RROD my XBox as it whines like the last flight of the Concorde while trying to listen to music.

It seems you don't know much about revisions of Xbox360 consoles. Starting with Jasper and Falcon RROD is not such an issue any longer and Slim is very quiet.
jillripper Wrote:It seems you don't know much about revisions of Xbox360 consoles. Starting with Jasper and Falcon RROD is not such an issue any longer and Slim is very quiet.

I know that - just wouldn't throw my money at a newer one to use as a media player when my HTPC is perfect today (and avoid waiting for a port that isn't gonna happen)
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
OFC, it runs xbmc. so yes, it can play rar/zipped content (using the code i wrote btwWink) and yes it does 1080p without sweating thanks to vdpau.
spiff Wrote:OFC, it runs xbmc. so yes, it can play rar/zipped content (using the code i wrote btwWink) and yes it does 1080p without sweating thanks to vdpau.

Ok, could you please what the hardware setup is?

Does it support external USB units with NTFS and/or FAT32?
jillripper Wrote:Ok, could you please what the hardware setup is?

Does it support external USB units with NTFS and/or FAT32?
These questions should be asked in the Linux board, not the Dev board.
i have to take the posters side on this. it's this basic. when xbmc was created it was set up to run on the xbox but now the developers out there are to frignn lazy to take the 1 hour or so to make it work on the 360. i would do it myself but i'm sure by the time i finished it the new xbox will be out. cmon somone!!!!!
troyl1969 Wrote:i have to take the posters side on this. it's this basic. when xbmc was created it was set up to run on the xbox but now the developers out there are to frignn lazy to take the 1 hour or so to make it work on the 360. i would do it myself but i'm sure by the time i finished it the new xbox will be out. cmon somone!!!!!

Devs lazy? One hour?
troyl1969 Wrote:i have to take the posters side on this. it's this basic. when xbmc was created it was set up to run on the xbox but now the developers out there are to frignn lazy to take the 1 hour or so to make it work on the 360. i would do it myself but i'm sure by the time i finished it the new xbox will be out. cmon somone!!!!!
The XB720 is going to be out in an hour? I totally missed the announcement... I guess I need to get MY lazy ass of the couch and over to Best Buy.

Seriously...lazy? Have you seen what's been done in the last year alone? All by guys and gals that are doing this for FREE nonetheless. If it's that easy, do it yourself and contribute to the community. That is what some would consider to be useful. (Though most of us would much rather buy an AppleTV for $99 instead of hacking our XB360.) This mindless, demanding blather is not.

If you joined just to troll, take your flamethrower somewhere else.
The XBMC team, plug-in devs, skinners, etc. do this for us for FREE in their spare time because they want to. Think about that for a second before you start bitching...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC for Xbox360 should be possible?0