Consistant Buffering VOBs in Beta 2
Pause & buffering around every 30secs.
Was happening in B1 but onced I used AdvancedSettings.XML with increased cached buffer size, it was gone.

<network>
<cachemembuffersize>5242880</cachemembuffersize>
</network>

I've re-added the AdvancedSettings.xml + reset the permissions and still have problems on just the VOBs. My wireless is okay, getting about 200 Kb/s.

Anything else I can try?
200 Kb/s is dismal for wifi, that's 0.2Mb/s or worse than 802.11b.
Oops...crap...b vs B.

It's 200KB/s.
Same constant-buffering issue with most of my DVD ISO's. Began with B1 and continues on B2. Tried with both wired and wireless connections - makes no difference. Tried with SMB, NFS and UPnP - no difference.

Feels like the AppleTV 2 can't keep up with the bitrate/decoding of those movies - like a CPU-thing and not a connection-thing.

I'll happily make some debug logs, if you guys feel it's worth investigating.
aarfing Wrote:Same constant-buffering issue with most of my DVD ISO's. Began with B1 and continues on B2. Tried with both wired and wireless connections - makes no difference. Tried with SMB, NFS and UPnP - no difference.

Feels like the AppleTV 2 can't keep up with the bitrate/decoding of those movies - like a CPU-thing and not a connection-thing.

I'll happily make some debug logs, if you guys feel it's worth investigating.

It probably has to do with the media file itself in that case. You can run MediaInfo on it and see what codec is being used for video (and what resolution it's at).
Ned Scott Wrote:It probably has to do with the media file itself in that case. You can run MediaInfo on it and see what codec is being used for video (and what resolution it's at).

I've tried MediaInfo, but the thing is, that it's simple DVD rips. Nothing has been reencoded or changed in any other way, so they're just plain MPEG2 ISO-rips with the normal DVD structure.

Also, they all worked in earlier pre-beta1 nightlies.

I'll give MediaInfo a shot again though, to see if there are any common parameters, that could explain the buffering.
Deinterlacing turned off?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Memphiz Wrote:Deinterlacing turned off?

Actually, it was set to "auto" (which I guess is default, as I don't remember ever changing that setting), but it seems to have fixed the problem on the few movies I've tested so far!

Thank you, Memphiz Smile
Hi guys,

Just to be clear. Changing the Deinterlace option from "Auto" to "Off" solves the problem with my ISO-ripped DVD's everytime! So that's great...

The only issue is that this has to be done on each movie. There's - to my knowledge - no way of turning Deinterlace off globally.

Something must have changed in XBMC though, as it this wasn't an issue in the nightlies I had running before Beta1.

@mamejunkie Sorry to have hijacked your post, but do turning Deinterlace off fix your stuttering-issue too?
aarfing Wrote:Just to be clear. Changing the Deinterlace option from "Auto" to "Off" solves the problem with my ISO-ripped DVD's everytime! So that's great...

The only issue is that this has to be done on each movie. There's - to my knowledge - no way of turning Deinterlace off globally.

yes there is, scroll down in the audio OSD.
I just want to chime in that turning off deinterlacing solved the problem I was having playing a ripped DVD. I also was getting the "Buffering XX%" messages every 10-30 seconds. But turning off deinterlacing stopped the buffering problems. I've requested that this be added to the FAQ.

By the way, at the bottom of the video options screen is an item that says something like "use these options for all videos". If you select that option after disabling deinterlacing, deinterlacing will be disabled for all videos, and you won't have to turn it off on every individual video.
De-interlacing was working for me in Eden B1 and it looked much better (I wondered if the option had been disabled or ignored so I switched it on and off to compare the results). Was there a change?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Consistant Buffering VOBs in Beta 20