Audio Tags dont work
Hello,

I am having problems with my audio tags. I have tagged my music up using mediamonkey. All of my players see the tags except XBMC,

The weird thing is, if I go to the file via 'files' and the tags are all there. For example, I go to audio -> files. I find a file of Ella Fitzgerald, click on song information and see the Artist, Album and Genre. But when I go to Artists, she is not there. When I go to Genres, the song is absent from her genre.

How could this happen, and how can I fix it?

~Thanks!
Hi,

have you scanned your music to the library?

Greetz
Great question! I did try that right away. I also cleaned the library and did a few iterations of cleaning and scanning.

Your post did give me the idea to remove my audio source and remove all the items from my library. I did that, and oddly three albums remained even though I had no audio source. ?? Then I rebooted, cleaned and scanned, and the three albums remained. I re-added my audio source and re-scanned it and now the tags seem to work!

What Im guessing is that I edited the tags in mediamonkey and XBMC did not get the memo. Rescanning and cleaning was not sufficient. I had to delete the library and re-scan my music library.

And ideas if this is how its supposed to work? Or any other way to update changed tags easily?

Thanks!
Ugg, this problem is cramping my style again.

Added a bunch of MP3s to my library today. Went through them with Media Monkey and tagged them up. They dont show up in XBMC. I update the library, clean it, update it again - nothing. I explore my files directly in the file tree and find my new MP3s. I click on song information and it displays the artist and genre just fine. But those artists and genres dont appear in my library.

What could be going on?

edit - by the way, I added some movies and tv shows and they worked fine. Its something about the audio library.
Right-click on the source and un-check "Exclude from Library updates"?
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio Tags dont work0