• 47(current)
[SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin
(2012-08-31, 04:09)contagius Wrote: I run :

find / | grep librtmp.so.0command in terminal, it goes through a search but all of the searched folders it says permission denied. I donèt know what

is going on. XBMC just has a script error when i try to run it.

*update* I did a full restore and reinstalled Linux and it is working now. Thanks for the help.

Good to hear. Sounds like you had some permissions issues that were fixed with the reinstall.
I get this error a lot when browsing hulu videos, or if i get another error and try to resume.

"close any Hulu Plus videos you may be watching on other devices"

I understand from some earlier posts this is a technical issue with how the plugin works with other xbmc features, but I am wondering if there are any updates to the problem? Is there some way to clear the entire queue manually? Is there a file someplace or script that can be added?

Also, I saw skipping to the end of the episode will remove it from the queue. I find though that this just forwards to the commercial then I get the open stream error or the plugin sometimes hangs.

It is great watching hulu in the xbmc environment on the big screen! Thank you for the good work!
I am having some troubles with this plugin. I am unable to watch a show from start to finish correctly. If I leave all the default settings for ads, I can see the queued segments of the show I am trying to watch and the ads in-between those segments. The queue will play out for all intents and purposes successfully without any errors, the only problem is the segments of show themselves do not play completely. These segments appear to be about 5 minutes or so each, yet I only get about 1 minute 30 seconds of show then ads play. As a result I miss over half of the show or movie I am trying to watch as the stream continues on from the NEXT segment even though the previous segment was not completed. As per a recent post in this thread I had tried different combinations of allowed number of preroll, trailing and break ads, turning breaks on and off, turning on and off network preroll and even tried turning all ad counts to 0 with breaks and preroll off. No combination results in successfully watching a show normally. Infact, when I turn all ads to 0 and breaks off and network preroll off all I get is that 1 minute 30 seconds (give or take) or show at the beginning then 5 ads (vs the zero I set) then kicked back to the video/show/movie selection screen. Is anyone at this exact second able to sit and witch a show or movie from Hulu from beginning to end without missing large chunks (about 3 minutes each ad cycle for me)? If so what have you done to accomplish this?

For completeness I am using a fresh install of Ubuntu 12.04lts with the latest version of XBMC 11 installed straight from the Ubuntu repository. I received no errors running XBMC and infact had it running other "channels" (addons) all night. I used the addon repository listed in the first post of this thread, I arrived at this thread from http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add-on:Hulu and after adding the repo I installed the Hulu addon from within XBMC, again, without errors. I am a Hulu Plus member and put my information in the addon and was presented with a message that I successfully logged in. Also I am from the USA

For the most part everything seems to be working perfectly, I wasn't paying much attention to the streams at first as I was doing other things around the house, it wasn't until I sat down and actually started watching a show I realized the show wasn't making a damn bit of sense as I was missing chunks of the show segments
Welcome to the XBMC forums.

These programs are all full episodes rather than just previews?

I would enable debug log (wiki)ging in XBMC and then exit XBMC. Restart XBMC and wait a couple of minutes to complete initialization. Select the Hulu add-on and launch one of these videos. When it quits prematurely, exit XBMC, locate your debug log (wiki), upload it to www.pastebin.com or www.xbmclogs.com , and post the URL link to your uploaded debug log (wiki) here with your reply.
ssanubis,

I see this behavior too, with Eden and Ubuntu 11.something.

I find enabling commercial breaks and setting to 1, allows the hulu plugin to play with about 75% success. Community on NBC works most of the time. Grimm on NBC is particularly difficult to watch though. It stops then complains about too many streams. I just wish there was a way to flush the errors and reset the streams to zero. Trying to forward through the show to where it broke just brings up the errors again. Completely rebooting, shutting down, and even power cycling all attached network devices does not clear the stream error.
(2012-09-04, 23:35)ssanubis Wrote: I am having some troubles with this plugin. I am unable to watch a show from start to finish correctly. If I leave all the default settings for ads, I can see the queued segments of the show I am trying to watch and the ads in-between those segments. The queue will play out for all intents and purposes successfully without any errors, the only problem is the segments of show themselves do not play completely. These segments appear to be about 5 minutes or so each, yet I only get about 1 minute 30 seconds of show then ads play. As a result I miss over half of the show or movie I am trying to watch as the stream continues on from the NEXT segment even though the previous segment was not completed. As per a recent post in this thread I had tried different combinations of allowed number of preroll, trailing and break ads, turning breaks on and off, turning on and off network preroll and even tried turning all ad counts to 0 with breaks and preroll off. No combination results in successfully watching a show normally. Infact, when I turn all ads to 0 and breaks off and network preroll off all I get is that 1 minute 30 seconds (give or take) or show at the beginning then 5 ads (vs the zero I set) then kicked back to the video/show/movie selection screen. Is anyone at this exact second able to sit and witch a show or movie from Hulu from beginning to end without missing large chunks (about 3 minutes each ad cycle for me)? If so what have you done to accomplish this?

For completeness I am using a fresh install of Ubuntu 12.04lts with the latest version of XBMC 11 installed straight from the Ubuntu repository. I received no errors running XBMC and infact had it running other "channels" (addons) all night. I used the addon repository listed in the first post of this thread, I arrived at this thread from http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add-on:Hulu and after adding the repo I installed the Hulu addon from within XBMC, again, without errors. I am a Hulu Plus member and put my information in the addon and was presented with a message that I successfully logged in. Also I am from the USA

For the most part everything seems to be working perfectly, I wasn't paying much attention to the streams at first as I was doing other things around the house, it wasn't until I sat down and actually started watching a show I realized the show wasn't making a damn bit of sense as I was missing chunks of the show segments

I'm having the Same issue. Does anyone have a fix?
@ ssanubis and jaemlllz

i'm not a ubuntu user, but I would get this on ATV 2 when i used the addon.

the only thing that I can suggest, that I have not seen you mention here, is to try and switch your CDN. most find that if akamai isn't working right, to switch to limelight. level3 seems to cause much headache (at least it did for me). also, make sure that with your fresh install of Ubuntu, that you also have the most recent librtmp for your OS.
Linux Mint 18 LTS 64-bit - Kodi 17 Beta6
Odroid-C2 - Libreelec v7.90.009
(2012-09-07, 15:33)locomot1f Wrote: @ ssanubis and jaemlllz

i'm not a ubuntu user, but I would get this on ATV 2 when i used the addon.

the only thing that I can suggest, that I have not seen you mention here, is to try and switch your CDN. most find that if akamai isn't working right, to switch to limelight. level3 seems to cause much headache (at least it did for me). also, make sure that with your fresh install of Ubuntu, that you also have the most recent librtmp for your OS.

thanks for the reply locomot1f, but i failed to mention that im not using xbmc in ubuntu but rather in my ATV 2 and in my pivos xios and im getting the same problem in both set top boxes.
@ jaemlllz -
well, for your ATV 2, you will definitely benefit from getting the librtmp file that is floating around on the forum. do a search for crawl's posts. it should lead you in the right direction.

what build of XBMC are you using?

Can't speak much on the pivos xios...
Linux Mint 18 LTS 64-bit - Kodi 17 Beta6
Odroid-C2 - Libreelec v7.90.009
(2012-09-08, 02:53)locomot1f Wrote: @ jaemlllz -
well, for your ATV 2, you will definitely benefit from getting the librtmp file that is floating around on the forum. do a search for crawl's posts. it should lead you in the right direction.

what build of XBMC are you using?

Can't speak much on the pivos xios...

Hey thanks for the advice I changed both CDN to akamai. Guess limelight was causing the problems. Now both avt2 and pivos work correctly. Im using latest xbmc built from git HEAD
When adding my Subscriptions to my XBMC Library, plugin fails due to the location is unable to be created... I am running Eden on a Windows Vista SP2 computer. It seems that Windows can not create the directory: "I Survived . . ." It names it: "I Survived" instead. So a check for that patern could be added and then changed before it creates the directory/file names. My log is below.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=8213
I have updated the Hulu Library Autoupdate script by kreeturez to now run as a XBMC service. The service will run on startup, you no longer need to use the autoexec.py file to start it. It is based off of the lastest version of XBMC Library Auto Update by robweber. The script will export your Hulu queue and/or subscriptions on a timer. See the readme for more information.

Download the zip file here: http://www.mediafire.com/?aba2xlo5m4g26l9

Has anybody who uses Hulu library integration figured out a way to remove expired videos from their library? Searching the thread it looks like BlueCop was working on it at one time, but as far as I can tell it is not implemented. What I have found to work is to select "Clean Library Directory" in the Hulu Plugin and then "Add Subscriptions to Library" and finally clean the video library through XBMC. Is this how everyone else is doing it? I could include this in the script to run daily or weekly or whatever. I don't use Hulu for movies, only tv shows, do movies get added to subscriptions or queue?
Anyone else that is exporting to Library able to get shows to resume via the Library of XBMC? It does seem to be creating a bookmark when stopping the video, but when trying to play again it just starts at the beginning. I can manually pick the bookmark and get back to the point which isn't a big deal, just wondering if anyone else is having the same issue or knows a workaround. I posted a similar question in the Amazon thread with some other issues but though it might be worth checking in here.
Hey guys,

I have this plugin working on my ATV2, but logging into Hulu Plus on my Raspberry Pi (using RaspBMC) simply doesn't work. I save my credentials and I cannot access any of my Plus content.

Is this a known issue with RaspBMC? I can't find anything out there.

Welcome to the XBMC forums, metamet.

Have you tried checking or asking over at the Raspbmc Users Forum? Since you have it working correctly on your ATV2 with the same credentials, this may be a problem that's unique to that distro or XBMC build.
  • 47(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin17