• 51(current)
[SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin
Exclamation 
couldn't find this option nor any mention of it.

my wife and i have 2 seperate free hulu login's. i have set up both on xmbc, this is done by setting up seperate xmbc users with seperate files and then configuring the hulu add-on for each. the configurations are unique. however, when starting the app the queue does not refresh for each user. also, i see no setting for this. if there is one, it's not clear. there should be an auto function for this and a manual one for that matter. please advise.Confused
Library question: I'm having the library go to a custom folder. The folder is still empty. How can I force the plugin to send files there?

Once the library "goes there" is the library seperated by TV and Movies? So I would have to set my scrapers to go to the Hulu/TV or Hulu/Movie folders?
I was just wondering if anyone knows what happened to bluecop? He hasn't posted in a long time. I hope he hasnt abandoned his plugins, they're the most used addons in my house. Hope he's ok
He probably just got busy with life, work or simply needed a break. He's still around, just not posting.
Unfortunately it seem completely broken. I tried 720 in low mid and high with all combination of CDN's the only one seems working is akamai on 720p 2000. But as soon as a rebuffering happens it won't catch up anymore keeps async and in 50% XBMC just freeze. Running on stable 11.0

Sad
BlogTumblrTwitter
I have no idea whats the problem but my hulu plugin doesnt download my queue fully just partially. I noticed here 'http://m.hulu.com/menu/hd_user_queue?dp_id=hulu&package_id=2&user_id=oIalqiANSaAGYhiCbSN_xw' and if i take out '&limit' to take off any limits for testing purposes half my shows still dont show up like Fringe for example but when I login into hulus website they are there. Im a hulu plus subsriber if that helps. I imagine Hulu themselves changed something.
I've tried for the last two days to make this plugin work, unfortunately to no avail. Trying to play any video on Hulu yields a "playback failed" popup within XBMC and a python error in the log.

Some details: Connecting to hulu via a proxy. I've verified that the proxy works from within a web browser. Tested with 3 different XBMC builds on 2 machines, running an official Eden release clean install for testing now, on a Win7x64 SP1 machine. There's no addons besides Hulu installed. It makes no difference which CDN or video settings are selected (tried all sane combinations) or whether running with or without a Hulu (free) login.

Here's my log trying to access a trailer from within the Hulu plugin: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=14044

The video works fine for me from a web browser, it's this one: http://www.hulu.com/watch/385113

I've tried any suggestions i could find on this thread and the googlarnet. With my limited understanding of Python I haven't had much luck backtracking or making traceable the meaning of the error message. My (rather uneducated) guess that it might be hulu having changed something about their file formatting and subsequent investigation about binascii.unhexlify input having to be stripped proved lengthy but fruitless.

Any helpful advice would be much appreciated =)
Update: My above issue is solved.

It was the proxy - switching to tunlr for my geolocation needs unborked it. I don't know what the issue was exactly, and likely won't go investigate further since the proxy is not in my control.

Leaving these keywords here for others to find should the problem crop up:

Quote:ERROR: Error Type: <type 'exceptions.TypeError'>
ERROR: Error Contents: Odd-length string
Question 
Hey Guys,

I have been using this plugin for quite some time and absolutely love it! I really appreciate the hard work that went into this. There are a couple of minor things I was hoping had been resolved but I haven't seen anything...

When accessing shows from my library I can't resume, it crashes if the stream is paused too long and I don't get the watched flags when the show is over. I was wondering if I have something miss configured?

I was also wondering if like the hulu library updater there was a utility to remove expired content from the library?

Thanks!
Since accidentlly upgrading to Frodo this plugin has stopped working. Is there a fix for Frodo?

Thanks in advance,
Richard
(2012-11-13, 16:45)rcrh Wrote: Since accidentlly upgrading to Frodo this plugin has stopped working. Is there a fix for Frodo?

Thanks in advance,
Richard

Here's the error info I get from the xbmc.log file

10:04:02 T:2610953072 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <class 'urllib2.HTTPError'>
Error Contents: HTTP Error 403: Forbidden
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.hulu/default.py", line 12, in <module>
import resources.lib.common as common
File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.hulu/resources/lib/common.py", line 417, in <module>
checkToken()
File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.hulu/resources/lib/common.py", line 140, in checkToken
login_queue()
File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.hulu/resources/lib/common.py", line 286, in login_queue
data = postAPI(action,parameters,True)
File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.hulu/resources/lib/common.py", line 323, in postAPI
response = urllib2.urlopen(req)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 126, in urlopen
return _opener.open(url, data, timeout)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 400, in open
response = meth(req, response)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 513, in http_response
'http', request, response, code, msg, hdrs)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 438, in error
return self._call_chain(*args)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 372, in _call_chain
result = func(*args)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 521, in http_error_default
raise HTTPError(req.get_full_url(), code, msg, hdrs, fp)
HTTPError: HTTP Error 403: Forbidden
-->End of Python script error report<--
10:04:02 T:3047302928 ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.hulu
10:04:02 T:3047302928 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.hulu) failed
(2012-11-13, 16:45)rcrh Wrote: Since accidentlly upgrading to Frodo this plugin has stopped working. Is there a fix for Frodo?

Thanks in advance,
Richard

Can I bump this? I wonder if the Frodo Beta has everyone distracted?

Thanks,
Did you verify you had entered your correct Hulu log-in and password on the Hulu add-on settings page?
(2012-11-17, 00:55)artrafael Wrote: Did you verify you had entered your correct Hulu log-in and password on the Hulu add-on settings page?

Yup, the setup is all OK. I've had that happen before and the message is different (login failed...). And, even without a login it should still scrap OK.
I just tested frodo beta 1 on Mountain Lion and hulu is working for me. If I could see the log of the failure then I could diagnose where the problem is coming from.

I will try look into it. I don't keep up with xbmc development but probably should. It might be something has changed.

I really want to do more programming to get better but just can't get motivated lately. I should learn C++ so i could make changes to XBMC itself. I probably drink and smoke too much. I habitually waste my time. I like positive attention I got from these projects. I don't deal well with people.
  • 51(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin17