XBMC SSH freezing
Just bought apple tv. Was successful in getting it jailbroken using seasonpass. Now i'm in the stage trying to install xbmc. I downloaded putty (windows) and when I type: roots "my ip" it freezes when asking for password. then it says unsuccessful in network connection.

Then I used tunnelier, when I put my ip address in that one on the screen. My name comes up and asks for password and I don't know what the password is.

Can anyone help me on what I can do? does the apple tv have to be connected to the laptop?? or does it have to be online?? hooked to the tv. I have spent countless hours trying to search and youtube videos and to no available I can find anything.
your username or ip is wrong.

it's [email]root@<ip.addres[/email]s>, not 'roots'.
The password should be alpine unless you've changed it.
it won't let me use the password.

Using putty just now, typed in my ip address clicked ok. Once I did that window popped up saying login as: I typed in [email protected].Huh I clicked enter then it freezes. After about 30seconds I get server unexpectedly closed network connection
when it prompts for user name type root not [email protected].Huh
Did that and it freezes at the password line or as soon as I press enter
Use putty and not tunnelier.
Port 22 and ssh
Type root as the username
type alpine as the password
The first time you connect it will take a while to generate encryption keys.
It will ask you is the key is correct - yes.
Cut from the wiki - paste using right click in putty.
try plugging in powerer supply it worked for me and the only way it would work.
The power supply and apple tv are hooked in right now to the tv and on. Does it have to be connected to pc via micro USB??
ferozkq Wrote:The power supply and apple tv are hooked in right now to the tv and on. Does it have to be connected to pc via micro USB??

no.
When you say freeze, you do know that when entering a password in unix nothing happens on the screen right? No asterix or anything Wink
new to this ATV malarky,had a problem trying to get win scp working,when logging in came up with connection error

googled a fair bit until it came up with answer for win 7 users

rh click winscp icon>>properties>>>>compatibility tab>>>tick run compatibility mode for win xp(service pack 3)

also tick run this program as administrator>>>apply

bingo was able to install my first repo
Not to be rude or anything, but what does your post have to do with this topic? The first post clearly states he is using putty Big Grin
yea just re-jailbroke it. And again samething just typed in root when it says login.

then it freezes when asking for password then it says server closed connection.
It freezes? Just for your information. When you enter a password in ssh it won't print anything on the screen. So just type the password in and hit enter...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC SSH freezing0