multiimage in dialogseekbar doesn't pick up new images
AS part of my OzWeather add on (see below) - I have tried to added a live weather forecast and radar display to DialogSeekBar for when video is paused. The forecast works fine (although it can be a little out of date - I take it weather is not pulled in the background when video is playing?)

Main issue, though, is that after a few hours, the looping radar display stops working - the multiimage control does not seem to query the path and pick up the new image names, and I get texture errors as the older loops files have been deleted.

Is there some sort of caching going on here? I.e. the path is queried at skin load and then not again?? This would explain the behaviour but I would have thought it should query the path for new images whenever the control is displayed, no?

(in Eden Confluence 2.1.0)
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
Probably the multiimage doesn't get refreshed when the control gets opened

I use this for updating the multiimage after arttwork is downloaded.
PHP Code:
xbmc.executebuiltin"Container.Refresh" 

Maybe you can use something like this.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I'll give it a whirl...but the images are downloaded before the video starts (well, presumably) and well before the multiimage is displayed (i.e. before the user plays and then pauses a video).

So it doesn't make much logical sense, but often these things work anyway!
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
maybe the path is needed??

Container.Refresh Refresh current listing.

Container.Update Update current listing. Send Container.Update(path,replace) to reset the path history.

..and which Container will it refersh if weather is being called in the BG?
hmmm, container.refresh doesn't work...I suspect it is called at the wrong time (in the add on during weather retrieval). A reload skin would do it I am sure but would cause visible flash at wierd moments, so that's no good.

Any other ideas??
The path will be read when the multiimage control is first processed. It will be re-read only if the path changes.

My guess is because the seekbar is somewhat special (it's allocated on skin load and deallocated on skin unload) it may not be being "first processed" more than once, so if the path stays the same the images won't update.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thanks Jonathan. That's what I figured.

And there's no way to force it to refresh - e.g. in pseudo code in the skin

'on display, refresh this using xbmc.execute' or whatever?

If not, I will just take it out - would have been nice but it's not a big deal.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
multiimage in dialogseekbar doesn't pick up new images0