XBMC won't connect to tvheadend on localhost?
Hi!

I have tvheadend installed and working fine on my linux 'server' machine.

I have XBMC (11.0 Beta) on that server also, and on 2 other machines.

XBMC on the 2 'remote' machines will connect to tvheadend on the server absolutely fine, but I just cannot get XBMC on the tvheadend machine to connect.

I have tried "rtsp://192.168.0.8:9982" (the same as on the 2 working machines) and also "rtsp://127.0.0.1:9982" and "rtsp://localhost:9982" but the debug log on tvheadend shows no connection.

I can "telnet localhost 9982" on the server machine and it does connect (and tvheadend shows a connection in the log).

Am I doing something wrong or is there a reason why XBMC will not connect like this?

Thanks!
George
Thumbs Up 
Please go to the tvheadend interface on the :9981 port and go to 'configuration' and then 'access control'.

You can control what sources can use tvheadend. If you connect to 127.0.0.1 then 127.0.0.1 should be allowed as a source as well. In my case I just have 0.0.0.0/0 in there. So I allow any IP basically Tongue.

Btw I believe this is more of a tvheadend thingy and not really an XBMC issue Wink.
My tvheadend security is wide open so that isn't the problem.

Also if I manually telnet to the tvheadend port from a command line on the same machine, the log shows a connection, whereas nothing is shown when I try to connect from XBMC (again on the same machine).

Hope that helps to clarify why I htink it could be an XBMC rather than a tvheadend issue.

George
Telnet only connects to a much lower level of the OSI-model. The ACL (access control list) function is clearly performed by the application. Or so it seems. What does the output of the following command say:

Code:
sudo netstat -nlp | grep `ps -ef | grep python | grep sickbeard | grep -v grep | awk '{ print $2 }'`

I can ofcourse be wrong Smile.
Perhaps you can post some logging as well? (pastebin if its long?)

Code:
grep tvheadend /var/log/syslog

or wherever you store the tvheadend logs..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC won't connect to tvheadend on localhost?0