• 16(current)
[RELEASE] Advanced Wake On Lan (WOL) Addon - Wake up a remote computer/server
Does this still work?

I am running Kodi on a laptop - Windows 10 Pro Build 17134 64 Bit. As this is Windows 10 I installed the Kodi from the Microsoft App store (so that it could auto update in the future…. but was that a good idea lol).

I have a NAS where my files are stored - and it is using the wake function built into normal Kodi. I see that gets executed in the Kodi logs, and while I can put multiple items in the config file - if the first item is running, it wont bother checking any subsequent items - so I cant add another box to this list....

So I decided to try advanced Wake on Lan plugin... Leaving my NAS being woken up by the normal Kodi wake function should it need to, when those functions for video etc are needed.

I have now finally setup a PVR / Live TV box using Media Portal. Got it all working in Kodi - but would love to get it to go to sleep and wakeup.

This box running, Media Portal is also on Windows. The Bios is correct, the network adapter is set up, and the sleep function is all working fine. The box goes to sleep when I need it, and using a WOL tool from my PC, I can successfully send a magic packet to the machine that is asleep - and it wakes up. ALL GOOD - All configured correctly.

Using the same IP address and MAC Address in Advanced Wake on Lan - I just cannot wake this machine.

Further more - if I look in the Kodi logfiles, there is not a single line to debug - nothing is mentioned..

I run Kodi, and see the messages for the Advanced Wake On Lan plugin - it says its sent a packet... wait... then tells me that the machine is not woken up as yet... I have tried running it within the app, rebooted, everything... but it just does not seem to even send the packet ???

I installed a magic packet sniffer - it certainly shows a WOL Magic packet being sent when I use the tool in Windows... but when running Kodi it does not sniff any packets - hence thinking this utility is actually no longer working....

Is it the April 2018 Build ?? Build 17134....  Is it because its the app store version (where there are code changes on file locations for userdata and god knows what else)…

Why is there nothing showing in the Kodi logfiles...

Help please?
Does it work when using a non store version of Kodi? I don't recommend the store version due to the changes to the app data not being very well documented.

For what it's worth, AWOL works perfectly in win 10, Ubuntu and libre/coreelec for me.
Thanks teeedubb for the confidence in knowing that it works in Windows 10 - You can never be sure...

So I uninstalled the store app, and installed the normal version. First try in setting it up, did not work. However I actually tried again - this time copy and pasting the mac address instead of typing it - I did not see a change - but was there maybe a space in it (I don't know...).  And it worked !!!! Yea...

So my thinking was that there is an issue with the Microsoft store app... Oh what the heck - I don't need to sleep...

So I then uninstalled the normal windows app - and reinstalled the store app. Set it all up as per normal... Installed Advanced Wake On Lan, configured it - did not work.

Was about to give in, but remembered what I did last time - so cleared the MAC address again, copied and pasted it - this time I am absolutely sure it was the same... Watched it carefully...

And guess what - it works perfectly in the store app version too!  I don't know why it would not work for me yesterday, but feeling happy that it at least worked today in both Windows version...

Happy Camper!
Hi

Tried the original WOL inside Kodi and tried this one, but can`t seem to get it to work.
The code I have added in my favourits are as:

<favouroites>
<favourite name="NyeFilmer">RunScript(&quot;script.advanced.wol&quot;,ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;special://profile/playlists/video/NyeFilmer.xsp&quot;,return),True)</favourite>
</favourites>

I cant seem to find any info if the original WOL should be activated, or just this addon. The original don`t wake up my server either way.
If I use the WOL app in windows 10 it works like a sharm.

Log: https://paste.kodi.tv/cuzuxokuwi.kodi

nVidia Shild is running Kodi, my server is Windows 10 Pro
Petter :-)
Many thanks for all the effort YOU all do! THANKS! :-)
nVidia Shield TV (2015), Samsung QE75Q70R and Yamaha RX-V767
(2018-12-18, 22:25)pettergulbra Wrote: Hi

Tried the original WOL inside Kodi and tried this one, but can`t seem to get it to work.
The code I have added in my favourits are as:

<favouroites>
<favourite name="NyeFilmer">RunScript(&quot;script.advanced.wol&quot;,ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;special://profile/playlists/video/NyeFilmer.xsp&quot;,return),True)</favourite>
</favourites>

I cant seem to find any info if the original WOL should be activated, or just this addon. The original don`t wake up my server either way.
If I use the WOL app in windows 10 it works like a sharm.

Log: https://paste.kodi.tv/cuzuxokuwi.kodi

nVidia Shild is running Kodi, my server is Windows 10 Pro
Try with IP address instead of hostname..

or try the kodi wakeonlan
<onaccesswakeup>
    <netinittimeout>20</netinittimeout>
    <netsettletime>500</netsettletime>
    <wakeup>
        <host>your ip address here</host>
        <mac>your mac address here</mac>
        <pingport>0</pingport>
        <pingmode>0</pingmode>
        <timeout>300</timeout>
        <waitonline>40</waitonline>
        <waitonline2>40</waitonline2>
        <waitservices>5</waitservices>
    </wakeup>
</onaccesswakeup>

save as wakeonlan.xml in your userdata folder
Hi mariofenech Smile

Tried that to, never use name on computers, only IP adr. and MAC is copy past from the router page (to get it right).

I don't know if there has something to do with that the Shield never goes to sleep, it's always on. That's whay I guessed that Advanced WOL would work better.

I don't have access to my xml files as of now, but they are as you mention Smile

Kindly
Petter :-)
Many thanks for all the effort YOU all do! THANKS! :-)
nVidia Shield TV (2015), Samsung QE75Q70R and Yamaha RX-V767
I use this addon to, and it works fine. But i', searching for some fine tuning. When i start kodi, the addon will send a wol to my sleeping server. So but at the same time, dvbviewer pvr and emby addon try to connect to the server, there are actualy wake up and the service is not ready. So there are a lots off error messages and after this i have to wait some time, for the next try to connect to the server.

So is there a way or a commant that kodi starts, but the PVR and Emby Addons should wait for a sepcific time to try to connect to the server ? So the server have time to wake up and then the addons can connect to him without error, because he is alive.
Wait for network is not the right option in kodi, because all is waiting for this time also the awol addon. At the end i stand for the self problem. So maybe there is another option, or something a setting xml for that what i want.
Anyone know if I could use this to send WoL over Wireguard VPN? I think http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wake_on_lan.html can do this.

Alternatively, my router has an option to wake the device if it is being accessed over the internet. My backup plan would be to have AWoL try to access a webpage on my server. Even if there is not web server running, the attempt should be enough for my router to think it needs to wake my server so it can respond to the web request. Is that possible?
Is it possible to send a WOL packet via SSH using this addon?
(2019-12-12, 16:11)llkobe Wrote: Is it possible to send a WOL packet via SSH using this addon?

I just started looking at the code and I would say "no". Currently planning to use a feature of my router which can use a local WoL command whenever a device is accessed over the internet (so like over a specific port on an DnyDNS).
When will Matrix support this add-on
(2020-12-29, 17:19)Mister XY Wrote: When will Matrix support this add-on

Hope it will be updated. Need it here too.
TVHeadend 4.2 (libreelec) on Intel DH77EB, Intel G1610 CPU, 4GB RAM ,Corsair 4GB, 4 DVB-C Tuner L4M-Flex + Twin CT. Qnap TVS-873 per NFS als Aufnahmefreigabe. HDMI HTPC -> Denon AVR-4300H -> LG 65B6D
Client: Kodi Leia on Shield 16GB Client: RP2 Libreelec Kodi Leia
Wake up works for me.
But the setting "refresh library after x second" seems to have no effect?
(2020-12-29, 17:19)Mister XY Wrote: When will Matrix support this add-on
You will find a Matrix-Version in Kodinerds Matrix repo.
Many thx to BJ1!
NVIDIA Shield, H270M-Plus (i3-7100),NUC7i3BNH,WeTekHub,Pi2,Win10Server.
Thx for the fork.
  • 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Advanced Wake On Lan (WOL) Addon - Wake up a remote computer/server1