[iPad2] Poor video performance on iPad2?
Hello XBMC community and crew,

I just jailbreak'd my iPad 2 with iOS 5.0.1 and gleefully installed XBMC through the Cydia repository. Everything looks good! I was very happy that I could browse to my existing Windows file shares and stream .avi files without a problem.

However, I've noticed some poor performance when attempting to playback 720p MKV files.

The sound plays correctly, but during times of lots of action on screen the video slows down a bit. It often speeds back up and syncs with the audio again in slower moments, but it can become very frustrating with lipsync during dialog.

I haven't yet been able to collect the log files, but I figured since this is the brand new jailbreak/os version/A5 processor it may simply be that XBMC isn't optimized for playback on the iPad 2 running 5.0.1.

It's a little frustrating. XBMC playback is much better than VLC mobile, but AVPlayerHD seems to be the only thing that does HiDef MKV files smoothly at the moment.

If anyone has any suggestions or feedback, let me know. And if logs are required, I'll dig them up and post.

Thanks!
I'm streaming my 720 mkvs fine on my ipad2 iOS 5.0.1, may be a network issue? Your defo best posting logs
I have not seen that issue on my iPad 2 when streaming mkv's.
Could you post a mediainfo log of what you are trying to play?
Some videos just can't play smoothly on the iPad 2 due to hardware limitations.
Sure it can accelerate H264 videos, but if you go higher than a specific level, it will lag.
The iPad 1 for example have no problem for most 4.0/4.1 High Profile H264, but if you were to play 5.0/5.1 it would start lagging.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[iPad2] Poor video performance on iPad2?0