Mirror 1080p to TV via HDMI with JB Iphone 4s
Question 
Hello,

I'm a fearly newbee. So I hope anyone can help me.

The first thing I did after jailbreaking, was installing XBMC. This under de remark that my bought "Air Video"-app couldn't play/stream as many file-formats. But with the formats it did play it had fullscreen mirror tot TV 1080p playback in good quality via my Apple HDMI output-cable.

Now I'v tried playing a 1080p video (MKV-format and working perfect under Air Video) that was stored locally on my Iphone with XBMC to mirror this video fullscreen 1080p to my TV via my Apple HDMI output-cable but it didn't play fullscreen. It seems like it just outputs 720p with a very crappy cropped quality.Shocked
The same I'v tried to do with the same video that was stored on a laptop that is in my wifi-network, but (maybe obviously) didn't make a difference.No

To double check I'v installed XBMC on my laptop (which has a 1080p screen) and playing the same file directly. This was perfect quality.

Why doesn't XBMC on my Iphone 4s (ios 5.01 jailbroken) outputs that perfect fullscreen 1080p quality but only some 720p cropped videoHuhStare
Ääähhhh ... there isn't even support for hdmi output in XBMC. So i'm wondering how you get the video through HDMI. So i suppose you are using a third party software for gettings this to work.

So take your "smileys" and bug the third party developers about it.

And wait until XBMC will support native HDMI output on iOS devices. No ETA for that.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Hey Memphiz,

I do not use any third-party software for this. Just play the video on youre Iphone 4s, plug it in with the HDMI output-cable to youre TV and it works. Just try it!
Memphiz, I believe he is referring to the iPhone's system level ability to mirror what is on the screen to a display, so this isn't specific to XBMC.

Rule83, the use of the mirroring is to project the screen of the phone to a display, which is what you're doing. Video playback through the iPod/Video app as well as other apps that call upon Quicktime, using the same cable, works a bit different and will output true 720p or 1080p. In my experience, the mirroring of the screen does some cropping, but I believe that is because the iPhone's resolution of 960x640 is being scaled up to fit 720p or 1080p; however, 960x640 is not a 16x9 ratio...thus the cropping.
worse than that, it's scaling 320 up to the TV because XBMC doesn't do "Retina" resolutions yet. All in good time, though (maybe?).
if i only would have an idevice with retina *mumbles*
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mirror 1080p to TV via HDMI with JB Iphone 4s0