Holding down Volume + / - doesn't work
hi! i've been using xbmc for a while now only on linux boxes and love it Smile tis fantabulous Smile enjoying eden beta 2 right now!

one niggly thing (maybe not a problem or issue, depending on your perspective) is that i have to press the volume +/- repeatedly for every volume +/- increment Sad this is kinda labourious and confuses the hell out of peeps who come round to hang out. now i figured it was my crappy generic MCE remote... however recently i have been using the nyxboard, and it has the same behaviour Sad someone posted over on the pulse-eight forum but it's not been followed up... i've also found a couple of threads here and here that discuss it but again no real answer?

so is this a limitation of XBMC? or a limitation of ubuntu 10.04? (and previous) or does it work for everyone else and i'm just missing the point?

is it the same behaviour on xbmc for windows? (don't have a windows box left anymore!)

any insight / help / insults are warmly welcomed Smile
Another nyxboard user here.. just saying: i got this issue as well.
i have a logitech dinovo mini keyboard and this also happens to me. Also this happens when using a generic window$ remote.
thanx!

al least i know it's not just me... although i'd be hard pushed to call it an 'issue' i think it must be a limitation of xbmc, frustrating Confused

edit: found this on trac regarding it but not much going on, obviously it's not a serious problem, just an annoyance
It's a bug with Ubuntu, it's not the NYXBoard's fault, try it in windows and you dont have this issue, I think it's the ubuntu behaviour for HID devices
Just switched from Windows XBMC to XBMCbuntu on a ZBOX using the same usb IR receiver and remote and this immediately bugged me.

I had a thought after reading this (seeing no solution). Is there a way to edit the keyboard.xml file for a certain key to always repeat or would that cause it to repeat without stopping after release?
I'm having the same issue. Has anyone found a solution?
Same for me with my Hama MCE. I see this is a minor bug - xbmc works fine for me. But it's a very annoying bug and I would be glad if this will be fixed.
FYI: I created ticket #14116 for this issue
Same problem for me with Gotham OpenElec (rbje's build) and previously Frodo on my RPi, with an Emprex 3009URF remote. Every other key seems to repeat except Vol-/+ and Ch-/+ (used as page up/down). The latters not a big deal but the Volume is very annoying!
FYI: There is an update on the ticket I created.
Same here, my volume keys do not autorepeat.
Using a cllrcmce with lirc on ubuntu.
The ticket was closed. If somebody is interested to follow the the discussion in the raspbmc forum just visit http://forum.stmlabs.com/showthread.php?tid=10104
I'm using OpenElec so it's not a raspbmc specific issue.

I've pasted my log here http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=44039, where you can see between 18:42:01 and 18:42:11 where I held down RIGHT it logged repeated "OnKey: 168 (0xa8) pressed, action is Right" events, so I presume from what jhsrennie said, that these events are generated by the OS, not XBMC and so it's the OS's fault that this doesn't happen for the volume and channel keys.

So we might have to report this on the RPi forum rather than the raspbmc/OpenElec ones but I guess it won't hurt to report it everywhere Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Holding down Volume + / - doesn't work0