First time user needs some help
Question 
First, this is an awesome app. Beautiful, functional, and flexible. Well done.

I ran into some problems that I could use some help on. For background, I have XBMC installed on a athlon x2 pc I use as an HTPC/gaming pc connected to my Samsung plasma TV. My files are located on a WHS v1 atom based server.

1. I don't understand this movie db thing. I only see random screen shots from the movie vice real movie art. I think this is the responsibility of the scraper right? Am I supposed to be seeing real movie art? If yes, what do I need to do to get it instead of the random and meaningless screen shots from the movies? Note. Each .avi & mp4 file is named properly per IMDB and are inside individual folders of the same name plus the release date in parentheses.

2. The weather app doesn't appear to work. I put in the correct zip code and it found the city. But it never showes the weather. If I try to refresh it says busy. I'm using the default weather app. I tried using the other weather addin as the source but got the same problem. I am using a DSL connection from a gigabyte home network with nothing else using the internet at the time.

3. When playing a music file, I found that right clicking hid the album directory and gave me the visualizations I wanted to see. However, half the screen on the left was still overlapped an info window. Isn't it possible to get a full screen just showing the visualizations with the album art on the lower right?

Thanks much again for a great app. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Brad
Your assistance is greatly appreciated.
Hi Brad,

Surprised you got no answers. I guess with Eden rolling out this fell through the cracks.

Problems 1) & 2), taken together, sound like XBMC is unable to reach the internet. Make sure a firewall isn't blocking XBMC. You may have to manually enter it as an exception in your firewall/anti-virus.

3) If the pop-out side window isn't retracting to the left you can right-click on it to make it do so.

If problems 1 & 2 don't go away once you ensured XBMC is connecting to the internet pls post a full debug log (lot's of examples and even a sticky in the help forums). Anything else is my foggy crystal ball Wink
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
The Weather in v10.1 doesn't work because the web site we get the info from has blocked us. The weather is working in Eden.

JR
Got it. I installed the other weather source listed and now I can get the current weather but it won't display the forecast.
XBMC can access the internet. I still can't seem to get the scraper thing to work. I selected MovieDB as the scraper and had it do its scan with the "recursively" box checked. Still I only see random screen shots as the thumbnail for each movie. No movie art or movie info. I had this same problem running Meezmo but on my WHS server. I had to go in to Meezmo and tell it to update the movie info for each file, one at a time, into its database. The scraper function in Meezmo was doing the same thing...just giving me random screen shoots from the movie file and nothing else. I don't know how else to force the scraper to do it's job but wonder if I should try an external scraper but that shouldn't be necessary. I did ensure that the account on my PC has full read write permissions with my WHS server just in case it attempted to create and nfo or whatever files on the server for each movie.

I'm going to try a different skin to see what happens as well.

Note I'm using the non-beta download I got last week and not eden.
Have you named your movie files / folders with the original movie names, so the scraper can find any information about them?
You can also use a media manager to scrape them outside of xbmc.
I made a folder with "movie name (year)" for each file. Inside the folder, the file is just "movie name.avi" or "movie name.mp4". I got the 'year' info by looking up the movies individually on IMDB.com.

And by the way, as I had mentioned before, the default Confluence skin won't allow you to hide that left hand menu (video, photo, etc.) when playing a music file so you get a full screen display of the visualizations. I figured it would just slide in and out if needed so the user can enjoy the full screen visualizations with the CD cover art. Plus on a plasma display I always get a bit squeemish about static items that could cause burn in. Basically like WMP can do.
I am having problems with the xbmc part of my atv2.
on everything i try to open i get a Script Failed error.
I can access the internet from nitotv screen fine youtube ect
Ive learned alot in the last week but dont know if i could have messed
something up on xbmc with some settings or what. Ive tried to uninstall
and reinstall xbmc but it seems to just save what i had deleted. using eden11b2

this all seemed to start when i messed up navi-x i was trying to get it working
i installed new script and my scraper search options werent working so i tried going back in a earlier version and then navi-x wouldnt even boot up.
so i began quest on how to reinstall navi-x from trying to share folder by creating a workgroup for networking . I couldnt understand how to get zip file
over to atv2 because to videos i saw were using putty and that wasnt working for me . With all that said i was trying everything on my atv2 to get this working
changed settings for filesharing ect. finally found filezilla and was able to ssh to atv2 and get navi-x reinstalled but now when i try to open any addons in xbmc none of them work i get error script failed! and then whatever name of add on im trying to open.

thanks for your help!!
maybe i have to start over completly but nitotv ect seems fine.
i bought this with everything set up on it already .
Ok, after I was out of the room for a bit, I came back to see I had full screen visualization. I guess there is some kind of delay like for a screen saver.

I tried several other skins and found that some showed all the weather information including forecast while the Confluence skin only showed the current weather. Might be a bug of some kind.

Still lost on why this scraping stuff isn't working. I'm envious of those skins that show all the fancy fan art, movie info, etc.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
First time user needs some help0