Red Mute Icon - Top Right
A red mute icon (speaker with line throught it) appeared after an unsuccessful attempt to use xbmc android remote. How can I get rid of it.
found suggestion to adjust volume in another related post, but the option to adjust volume in movie OSD is greyed out....would really appreciate any insight. running Eden beta 2.
There is a fix for that one here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=119089
Set Up
Raspberry Pi running Raspbmc - XBMC 12.2
40" Samsung ES6800 LED Smart 3D 1080P TV
Onkyo HTS3405 5.1 DD True HD and DTS-HD Surround Sound
ReadyNAS Duo with 4TB (2 x 2TB X-RAID) Western Digital Caviar Green using NFS
I followed the instructions in the link ie to change the value in the settingsgui file to 0 but it had not made any difference.

I changed the setting to 0, saved the file, opened it again and confirmed that it was still 0. I then opened xbmc and the icon is still there.

I loaded the settingsgui file again and the volumelevel was back to -6000.

I am sure I am doing something stupid but any suggestions would be welcome.

I'm using Eden 11.0 beta 2.
gmc99 Wrote:I followed the instructions in the link ie to change the value in the settingsgui file to 0 but it had not made any difference.

I changed the setting to 0, saved the file, opened it again and confirmed that it was still 0. I then opened xbmc and the icon is still there.

I loaded the settingsgui file again and the volumelevel was back to -6000.

I am sure I am doing something stupid but any suggestions would be welcome.

I'm using Eden 11.0 beta 2.

Having same issue, editing xlm reverts back to -6000 when I open XBMC....
No debug logs = no can help
Sorry I should have posted the log.

I solved the problem by overwriting the XML file with an old version.

This is now working fine but if the problem happens again, I'll include a log.
haunted xml files.. spooky
What did you edit the files with?
Not sure if you permanently solved it, but I had something similar on my Android Remote: Problem solved here:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1117398
I had the same red mute icon when i installed XBMC Constellation remote for iPad. I solved this problem with the following procedure:

- Press the - or + button on your remote (in my case is the XBMC Constellation for iPad/iPhone) on the atv2 XBMC home page. The red mute icon should disappear.

Hope this helps.
I had the same issue with constellation. Go to the remote screen by turning your phone sideways. Tap your finger on the dot on the volume wheel. This will toggle mute on and off.
(2012-06-02, 00:30)Danymite Wrote: I had the same red mute icon when i installed XBMC Constellation remote for iPad. I solved this problem with the following procedure:

- Press the - or + button on your remote (in my case is the XBMC Constellation for iPad/iPhone) on the atv2 XBMC home page. The red mute icon should disappear.

Hope this helps.

that worked for me too.Big Grin . i'm using android xbmc remote on a galaxy nexus, controlling xbmc installed on my pc. one tap on the volume up button on the phone fixed it.
F8 also appears to toggle this icon.
THANKS !!

(2014-10-18, 17:47)Pazu Wrote: F8 also appears to toggle this icon.
Thanks for the tip. I have a little logitech handheld mini-keyboard and discovered it had a mute button (where F8 would normally be). No pressing of the Fn button required.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Red Mute Icon - Top Right0