Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Slow Startup and Menu Response
#1
Question 
I have been running XBMC on a Windows 7 machine for over a year, never with any issues. I updated to Eden beta 2 immediately, which still didn't cause me any problems. Starting yesterday when I start XBMC, it's very slow to start, in the range of 15-20 seconds. Entering any of the video menus takes even longer. The system menu works fine. From what I can tell, it seems to be an issue contacting the MySQL server. I also have Eden beta 2 running on an ATV2 using the same database which works fine. I have tried everything I can think of, but I feel this is going to be something fairly simple I'm overlooking. My debug log is linked below if anyone can help me out. Thanks

http://pastebin.ca/2107364
Reply
#2
That's odd, it took 15 seconds to load the skin:

DEBUG: Load Skin XML: 15130.70ms

JR
Reply
#3
I noticed that long and thought it was odd, but wasn't really sure. I've been using that skin since it became the default. I've tried completely removing XBMC including my profile. It loads fine until I put my advancedsettings.xml back in place.
Reply
#4
Is the MySQL bits of advancedsettings.xml that cause the problem? If you take them out and leave the path substitution in do you get the delay?

If so, maybe it's name resolution. Does it help if you put the IP address of the NAS in insttead of "NAS"?

JR
Reply
#5
Removing the MySQL sections allow everything to load fine. I tried with music and video separately, I get the delay either either. I've tried wiping dropping the databases as well.
Reply
#6
I found the MySQL logs and looking at these I can see some issues but I'm not sure what the cause is. I shutdown the ATV2 and closed XBMC on the windows machine, and booted each one up separately to get a log for each to compare. The windows machine looks to be searching for the wrong database. I don't know if these logs will help any, but I'll add them anyway.

ATV2 to MySQL Log
Windows 7 to MySQL log
Reply
#7
Found the solution, although I'm not entirely sure what the problem is. After reading through the logs, I noticed there seemed to be a 5 second delay between some of the queries, so I googled that. I ended up finding the answer right here on these forums, which I expected from the start, but wasn't searching for the proper terms. Anyway, all I had to do was edit a MySQL config file to add "skip-name-resolve"
Reply



Slow Startup and Menu Response00