[Windows] WASAPI with Musical Fidelity V-Link
Hi,

I'm just trying a new Musical Fidelity V-Link MkII USB to SPDIF converter with XBMC Eden Beta 2 using WASAPI output choosing Optical/Coaxial output. The problem I have is that it seems to not being able to get exclusive access, only shared. As such, it resamples to whatever sample rate is defined by default and doesn't passthrough DTS music.
I previously used the optical output directly from the motherboard and that works fine, gaining exclusive access and not messing with the sample rate.

The V-Link sets itself up as a generic USB Audio. Does anyone know if XBMC is able to work with WASAPI exclusive on USB Audio devices?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Nuno
Hi,
I also have a Musical Fidelity device, which is a 24-bit-only device (mine is a V-DAC II). Until version 11.00 Eden XBMC was a 16-bit only DAC, so it could not input the V-DAC II direcly in WASAPI. I had to send the samples to Windows to DirectSound instead, which would mix them, upscale them from 16-bit to 24-bit and input the DAC.

Since version 12.0 Alpha XBMC includes a new AudioEngine which is supposed to support 24-bit playback. But actually it currently supports only 24-bit padded into a 4-byte (32 bits container), and not plain vanilla 24-bit samples in a (3-byte) 24-bit container, which are the only format the V-DAC II can input. So if you try to play XBMC 12.0 Alpha with a V-DAC II, you get a playback failure (without any error message, just no audio). But 12.0 is still under development, so hopefully it will be fixed.

DirectShow players like Foobar don't have any problem to input a 24-bit-only DAC, the problem is specific to XBMC.

I think the most relevant thread for this problem is [AudioEngine] Support for AE on Windows platform. I posted something on the matter there ( http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1151499 ). Don't hesitate to post something there too if you still want to use XBMC with your MF device: The more users will be requesting this feature, the more likely it is to be included by the development team.
System: XBMC HTPC with USB WASAPI & AudioEngine - Musical Fidelity V-DAC II 24/94 or ESI Audiotrak Dr. DAC Nano SPIDF interface
@nunovi
I believe the problem you raised was solved by the September-12 nightly build of XBMC 12.0, which you may download here:
http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/win32/
System: XBMC HTPC with USB WASAPI & AudioEngine - Musical Fidelity V-DAC II 24/94 or ESI Audiotrak Dr. DAC Nano SPIDF interface

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Windows] WASAPI with Musical Fidelity V-Link0